3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 12:20 AM by Rick Gerard

particles

Arrakis Level 1

I have a solid with particular on it. It works fine but when I move the solid forward in time and then place the timeline indicator at the same spot on the solid I can't see anything. I dont understand why not.   Can someone please enlighten me.

• 1. Re: particles
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Have you looked up how to use particular?  Or were you hoping you'd figure it out intuitively?

• 2. Re: particles
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can know. We have no idea what your parameters are actually set to and as Dave said, Particular itself is a complex plug-in with more than 2000 parameters, so it takes time to learn and master.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: particles
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have watched this: Red Giant - RGTV - Getting Started and you still are having problems then watch the rest of the getting started series on Particular from Red Giant TV. If you still can't get anything to work then give us a complete project description and list of steps you took to get to where you were stuck. I have a feeling you are missing the basics of how AE works with effects more than you are missing how Particular works with AE.