12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 9:29 AM by A.T. Romano

Error 150:30

Error Code 150:30

I keep getting an error 150:30 message when I try to open the edit function in Photoshop Premiere Elements.  I am using a PC with Windows 7.

• 1. Re: Error 150:30
          A.T. Romano Level 7

EC

What program are you trying to open on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit) - Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements or both and what version is involved?

The 150:30 would suggest an Adobe Licensing issue. For starters, please check out

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-stopped-windows.html

Is this problem "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before".

The remedy that has worked for some is uninstall/reinstall. Have you been there and done that yet? If not, please give that a try after you read the

above Adobe document. Suggested uninstall/install...

1. First assure that the problem exists with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

2. If that gets you no where then, uninstall the program through the Control Panel route.

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...maybe take a quick look at Computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services, and notice

whether FLEXnet Licensing is shown as started. If not, start it.

• 2. Re: Error 150:30
            Error Code 150:30 Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions.  I am trying to open Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 in Windows 7 (64 bit).  I tried your recommended quick fix, but it didn't work.  This program has worked for 4 years - so perhaps my license has expired.  I got this software for free when I purchased my Sony Vaio PC.  It was already loaded, so I don't have the software.  Therefore, I can't uninstall and re-install it.  I was never told that the license was limited to a certain time period.

• 3. Re: Error 150:30

I should add that I am not very techy, so I don't know how to check whether or not the FLEXnet licensing is on or off.

• 4. Re: Error 150:30
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Error Code

Thanks for the reply. Do not give up even though your Photoshop Elements 8 came with as a preinstalled software. If your program is Photoshop Elements and not Premiere Elements, best post your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum rather than the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. But, before you do, let us see what we can do.....

I am almost sure we can find the serial number for your Photoshop Elements 8 by having you search for the serial number at Adobe (http://www.adobe.com) under "My Products". You would go to that web site, sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, type in "My Products" in the Search field at the top of the web page, and follow the "My Products" link to a list of your Adobe products. At the end of that path you should find your Adobe Photoshop Elements 8. which you click on to bring up the serial number.

But, here is what I have not figured out yet. How to get your version's installation files into which you insert your purchased serial number. I could get this to work if you had version 9 instead of 8, but....  Any chance, that Sony gave you an installation disc that you tucked away somewhere for safe keeping?

Going in another direction....in the Search field for Windows 7 64 bit, type in Services. Services should appear as a choice at the top of the list in that left column. Click on Services, and then scroll down the list to FLEXnet Licensing and note if it is listed as Started or Stopped. Then please let me know what you found. We want to have that  showing as Started.

Also, consider using the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool.

Adobe - Adobe Licensing Repair Tool

Please let us know if any of the above made any impact on your situation.

Not sure it is completely indicated with the Adobe Licensing Error message, but worth a try just in case...delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 5. Re: Error 150:30

I was able to get the serial number for my Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.  Also, using your instructions, I leared that my FLEXnet licencing is disabled.  When I clicked on this, I had start-up options that included Manual, Automatic and Delayed Automatic.  I have no idea what this is all about, and what to choose.  Please advise, and also let me know how this will alter my computer.  In response to your question, no, I never got an installation disc for Photoshop from Sony when I purchased the computer.  Finally, I did try the repair tool and that didn't do anything.  Thank you.  Steve

• 6. Re: Error 150:30

I should have noted that when I went in to get my serial number, it stated that the license was initiated on September 15, 2010.  So it is over 4 years old.  Perhaps the license was time limited, but I don't remember that limitation.

• 7. Re: Error 150:30

One last note ... Sony also installed Adobe Elements Premiere 8.0 when I purchased my PC.  I don't use this program, but when I tried to open it this evening, I again got the error 150:30 message.  I know that I have opened this program in the past, so this is also a new/recent occurrence.

• 8. Re: Error 150:30
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Error Code

FLEXnet Licensing should look like

FLEXnet.JPG

It should just get the Adobe Licensing issue resolved if it works.

If the above setting does not work, leave FLEXnet Licensing Started/Automatic and

restart the computer.

If issue remains after restart, then try the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

file and, if necessary, the whole 8.0 Folder in which it exists.

I will be watching for your results in the morning.

Hope we have good news.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 9. Re: Error 150:30
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Error Code

One thought. Probably wild. But at this point it is worth a try after you work through the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs and its Folder deletion.

For the following you do not have to have Premiere Elements 8 opened.

Download and install the 8.0.1 Update for Premiere Elements 8.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.1 update

If the problem exists for Photoshop Elements 8 as well as Premiere Elements 8, it still might trigger something to work?? Wishful thinking?

That 8.0.1 Update is a requirement for Premiere Elements 8 even if the 150:30 error were not our focus here.

ATR

• 10. Re: Error 150:30
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Error Code

I do not think that an expiring license because of age cited is the issue, but let us see what further developments are.

ATR

• 11. Re: Error 150:30

The FLEXnet licensing change to Automatic worked!  Thank you so much for your help.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your persistence and experience in addressing my issue.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Regards --- Steve

• 12. Re: Error 150:30
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

As you can tell from the time shown on this post, I am getting a late start to the day.

What a great way to start the day, finding your reply with the magnificent news..."The FLEXnet licensing change to Automatic worked".

You did a great job staying with the troubleshooting suggestions. That is much appreciated.

Best wishes as you move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR