• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive WebHelp in VB Application

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My developers need help in how to implement context sensitive WebHelp being called from our VB application -- can anyone help us cut to the chase?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2007 Apr 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Being a VB application, won't that sit on the user's machine rather than a server? I'm not sure but check that with your developers.

If correct, then maybe you want the help to also sit there in which case you need a CHM file (HTML Help) rather than WebHelp unless your output is from RH6 in which case you can generate with the Mark of the Web. Otherwise each PC would need an IE setting to be modified to run webhelp locally rather than from a server.

If the help can be webhelp, there are a some topics on my site about calling that format. For calling a CHM file, I haven't checked but http://www.helpware.net probably has some information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp