1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 7:03 AM by ssprengel

How do I install Camera Raw 4.6 ?

jojam29

I have PS CS3 and a Nikon D90, To open the RAW (NEF) files I obviously need to install a compatible version of camera raw which is 4.6 (CS3 is camera raw 4) I have downloaded camera raw 4.6 from adobe website but it makes no difference, I still cant open the RAW files.

Also I have tried installing manually that doesn't work either. When I go to Common Programs Adobe isn't there, it is in another folder called program files (x86) when I do finally find file formats there is no camera raw there.

If anyone knows what's going on please let me know, Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I install Camera Raw 4.6 ?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you do Help / About Plug-ins / Camera Raw what version does it report?

From your description, I’d guess your OS is newer than the instructions and the folders where the plug-in is, is different, now. 

You may be able to find it by searching your entire hard-drive for the file “Camera Raw.8bi” and replace that with what you’ve unzipped from the Adobe download.  I don’t remember if the plug-in is in a hidden folder but if you can’t find it, initially, maybe turn on hidden folder viewing in Explorer Tool / Folder Options / Advanced.

If Help / About Plug-ins doesn’t show Camera Raw as being installed then install Photoshop, again, to put it back.