3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 9:06 AM by resdesign

Creating an overlay menu screen?

jamie.dunmore Level 1

I'm building an app in Edge and would like a menu system that pops up on each page every time the user presses the menu button.

The menu will have a semi-transparent background so that you can still see the page behind, as well as 100% opacity menu buttons. The buttons will animate in. I would like this on every screen of a 20+ screen app.

Firstly, is it possible?

Secondly, is it a case of building the menu functionality and then copying and pasting it in to every page, adding in the actions to trigger the menu etc?

Is there a more economical way of doing this to cut down on memory?

Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Creating an overlay menu screen?
          resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you doing everything in Animate? If you are, you menu should be a symbol that can slide in an out as needed while the rest of your pages can be also symbols triggered by your buttons.

• 2. Re: Creating an overlay menu screen?
            jamie.dunmore Level 1

I'm going to create the artwork in Illustrator, export to Edge, compose it and add any interactivity, then output as OAM, open in Dreamweaver and export through Phonegap.

I don't know whether this is the best place to ask, but once I have built all my pages, would you suggest that each page should set up individually in Dreamweaver and export the 'site' through Phonegap, or build the entire 'site' (all pages and links) in Edge, then export all that as an OAM?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Creating an overlay menu screen?
              resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

HI there,

i was not able to look at your file yesterday because of the problems with the upgrade and I did not want to mess up your file since I had not kept the last version of animate.

I reloaded the preview version of animate with the current version today so I should be able to look at it sometime today.

Sorry for the delay.