32 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2015 1:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:

Scandimom Level 1

Read the comments in the forum on this error.  Installed SmartSound and it did not help.

Installed APE13 from disk onto a new Windows 8 computer.  I do not have a drive E:, only a drive D:.  Any suggestions.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

There is no SmartSound in version 13, so there's no need to install it.

How did you install the program? From a disc or a download?

You say you only have a drive D. Are you saying that your operating system and the program are installed on a drive other than the C drive?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
            Scandimom Level 1

I installed it from disc.  My hard drive is C, my dvd drive is D. I have a new Dell computer with

Windows 8.1Intel I7-4790 processorMemory 16 GBDisplay Card Nvidia GTX750TiThe program installed fine and I used it yesterday.  When I started the program today, it popped up a screen telling me there was no disk in Drive E:.  I put the originaal disk in my dvd Drive D:, but it still was looking in Drive E:

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
              nealeh Level 5

Are you able to click through the box to start the program?

What happens if you start the program directly from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Scandimom

Recently there have been a few of that type of No Disc messages, with the classical Premiere Elements 11 SmartSound issue not be be fallen back on as an explanation.

In the last two or three cases in which I have been involved, the resolution came from

1. Deactivation of the program from within an opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out.

2. Uninstall, using the usual Control Panel route.

3. Free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

4. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please give the above consideration and then let us know your results and if the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                  Scandimom Level 1

Half a dozen clicks gets me into the program.  Starting the program from the Program Files directory gives the same message.  Also, the same message pops up when you close Adobe Premiere.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                    Scandimom Level 1

Thanks for the tips.  I tried them and it did not change the results.  I still get the pop up window wanting a disk in Drive E.  It pops up on opening Adobe Premiere Elements and closing the program.  By clicking on cancel half a dozen times, the box will close.  It does not prevent me from using the program.  It is just a little annoying.

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Scandimom

Thanks for the reply.

That has been my major resolution for the type of situation reported. And the ccleaner (regular and registry parts) should have

gotten rid of any leftovers from incomplete installs and reinstalls. You could consider...

a. Hold down the Windows Key and press X key to open a pop up with a place to select Disc Management.

In Disc Management, explore for any evidence of an Drive E.

b. You could consider copying the installation disc content to a folder on the computer desktop. And, then

installing the program from the setup.exe.

c. Not sure if I ever saw it implicated in matter such as this, but you could delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if

that did not work, the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole

13.0 Folder in which it exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that

you can see the complete path cited.

Please update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                        Scandimom Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions.  I tried all of them and none of them worked.  Guess it is time to return the software.  24 hours of trying to get it to work correctly is enough.

Appreciate all the help I have been given on this forum.

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Scandimom

Thanks for the update. Sorry that news could not have been better. But we thank you for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Do you think there is any merit in contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat to get its input on the matter?

I am still working on the tryout so I have not gotten to the installation from an installation disc.

But, I was surprised that you got the No Disk message even with the installation where you copied the installation disc content to the

desktop and then installed from the setup.exe there.

Best wishes for whatever video editing decisions that you make.

ATR

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                            Scandimom Level 1

Thank you for your help.  I had another problem with the software.  It and Sony video editor truncated 3 minutes off the end of a 3.5 minute clip when I brought it into the software.  I would not have know if I did not bring the clip into Cyberlink Power Director and found the missing footage. This was an old 8 mm clip from the 1940s and was not the best quality, but I wanted to view the complete clip.  Cyberlink seems the best choice for now.

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Scandimom

Thanks for the update. Those were interesting further developments that would be interesting to explore further, but you appear to have a video editor that is working for you and that is the important immediate consideration.

If you ever want to revisit Premiere Elements as your video editor, please let us know. We would glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                Mutu Level 1

Almost same "experience" here...Just got the Premiere Elements 13 upgrade version (dvd) and installed it. No problems there. Troubles started when I removed the installation disc (drive E:) and started the Elements again: "No disk in drive E:"...One time it said "PSADriverWindow: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe - No Disk" and the other "Font Capture: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe - No Disk". Buggy installer? Now I'm wondering should I uninstall this version, download the tryout version and install it. Problem with this is that my internet connection is so damn slow (only 2Mbps), so it's a long haul...

Btw, I just noticed that when I insert any disc in drive E: (for example music cd) and start the Elements, there's no errors!!! NOW I'm confused...

(Using Asus laptop with Win 7/64bit, 8GB, NVidia GT415M, installed&running Elements as admin...and still running PrEl 12 without any problems)

• 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mutu

Did you try the Premiere Elements 13 uninstall/free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts), reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Are you in a home computer or company/network computer environment?

ATR

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                    Mutu Level 1

Sorry for the delay...Had to get some sleep and then off to work I went.

Seems that a good night's sleep fixes almost anything...when I turned my laptop on today and started the Elements, no more "No Disk"-errors! Probably reboot would have worked also (although, I did ran Auslogics Registry Cleaner last night before shutdown, but I'm not sure if that made any difference). So that problem is now solved. (Stupid of me not to restart the Windows after installation)

So all is well now with the Elements? Actually, no...tested few things last night and must say I'm hitting myself for not testing this version before buying. There's no many new (useful) features...One thing that made me upgrade was the new "improved" stabilization. Well, it's not so good IMHO. Very resource hungry (memory hog) and seems a bit unstable (got few "Not responding..." episodes while testing it and had to kill the Elements through the Task Manager). Btw, what are those PremiereElementsLive.exes? I have 2 of them running idle when using Elements, each wasting memory about 50MB. They got something to do with that new feature, "eLive", right? I hate when they (Adobe) are force feeding these new "easy-to-use" -features to everyone (not all needs or wants them, so why no option to disable them and save precious memory for something else...for example, for that new stabilization!)

One more complaint: where's the VBR 2-PASS for MP4?! I couldn't believe that it was removed, when I was setting up my regular render preset. That's just nuts!

Apologies for the rant...

Mutu

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mutu

Great news about no more "No Disk" error. Great job. Information will be appreciated by all facing the situation that you presented.

I am working my way through the Premiere Elements 13 Elements Organizer 13.

As for the Shake Stabilizer, I have not done comparative studies on its effectiveness, but I have looked at the feature. Please see 0002 of my blog post

Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries

Besides the computer resource angle on this, have you noted the problem associated with a mismatch of the video to be stabilized and the project preset?

As for the .exe, I do confirm that besides the Adobe Premiere Elements 13.exe (152 KB), Adobe Premiere Elements.exe (1.67 MB), there is now the

Premiere Elements Live.exe (199 KB). It is interesting to note that under the Task Manager/Processes' Memory Tab, all three are on the list as the heavier

of the memory users. In fact, haven't figured it out yet, there are two processes presenting for Premiere Elements Live.exe in Task Manager/Process when Premiere Elements 13 is opened.

Yes, it has been reported the VBR, 2 Pass have gone missing under Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and XAVC-S choices. At this point, we are not sure

if that is a design mistake or intended removal of option. Also, looks like MPEG2 is not supported in Elements Organizer 13 when it is part of the Premiere Elements

13 tryout. More confirmation needed on that. Since you have purchased the product, can you import and playback MPEG2.mpg in your Elements Organizer 13?

These are not rants when not making a commentary. Just a description of program features for a new version in order to help the users make informed decisions.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                        Mutu Level 1

"have you noted the problem associated with a mismatch of the video to be stabilized and the project preset?"...Yes, I think so. It's quite a PITA, because I mostly use mixed material (720p/1080p) on projects...

I don't (or want to) use the Organizer, so I can't tell if it supports mpeg2...sorry!

Mutu

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mutu

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 18. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                            R4GE Level 1

Hello,

after updating from PREL12 to version 13, my machine showed exact the same error message: No disk in drive E:

Drive E: is the Compact Flash slot of my Kingston USB 3.0 Card Reader. It was empty during the installation of the demo version, downloaded via Adobe Download Assistant (serial bought online).

The error messege won't pop up, if I insert a blank card into drive E: or if I unplug my card reader.

Any suggestions? I already did a reinstall, while the card reader was unplugged.

My machine:

intel i5 3570k

asrock 1155 board

win 8.1 (all drivers up to date)

8GB of memory

nVidia GTX460

Samsung SSD 250GB 830 series

Best regards,

Bert

• 19. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

R4GE

What appeared to work for Mutu was the

1. Deactivation of the program from within an opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out.

2. Uninstall, using the usual Control Panel route.

3. Free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

4. Reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

and some rebooting maneuvers

I think that the ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and reinstalls is an important

step in trying to resolve this issue.

Please consider.

ATR

Did you disable the antivirus and firewall(s) during download and install of the program?

• 20. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                RossFox Level 1

First time buying an adobe product. Downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements. Brand new installation on a brand new Windows 8 install. I get the same message on my screen ever minute or so. Requires 6-12 clicks before it goes away.  So far not worth 100 dollars.

• 21. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

RossFox

Thank for reporting on your Premiere Elements 13 No Disk issue.

Have you gone through all the suggestions in this thread?

If you have, please consider contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat. Perhaps it can offer you some remote control of your

computer troubleshooting or have some undocumented troubleshooting for you. This is not Adobe here. Rather user to user.

If interested in the Chat Panel opportunity, then please click on the following link.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Signing In, Account Help

Chat Panel

As of a moment ago, the Chat Panel appeared as active.

If the link does not hold its set, you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

The titles above are not ideal, but they do lead to an active Chat Panel. It is hoped that the representative

that you reach can help you or transfer you to a department that can.

You can use that same base path to reach Chat Panel to get your money back for the product if you have

purchased the product from Adobe direct within the last 30 days.

Please let us know if you want to try to troubleshoot the issue here (we cannot offer remove control of your

computer troubleshooting).

ATR

• 22. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                    Oscar_D Level 1

I too have installed a clean copy on my Windows 8.1 machine, never used any Adobe products on this computer, and I'm constantly receiving the same error message. It happens to be the same drive letter that it's looking for. Have there been any updates regarding this issue?

Thanks!

• 23. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

I am not sure what triggered this October 2014 thread to surface toward the top of the threads here today (December 30, 2014), but significant

advance on this issue has been made since the last posts in this thread back in October 2014.

The cause of the Premiere Elements 13 No Disc error is pointing to the OldFilm.AEX file as being at the core of the issue. Deletion or disabling this file has been the fix recently for many Premiere Elements 13 reporting this problem.

See PRE_help's direction to "Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Elements 13\Plug-ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX"

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                                                      • 24. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

oscar_d

The delayed appearance of your post must have triggered this thread to resurface just now.

Please see my post of today regarding the fix for Premiere Elements 13 No Disc which should work for you.

Looking forward to your results. Please include the name of your computer operating system.

Thank you.

ATR

• 25. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                          Oscar_D Level 1

I apologize, this was the first thread I came upon as a result of a Google search so I immediately registered to be able to post my question. I should've searched further in this community and would've probably found the answer.

Thank you for the tip, that actually worked for me as well.

• 26. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Oscar_D

Thanks for the follow up and the great news that PRE_help's Premiere Elements 13 No Disc error fix worked for you.

This has been a recent report from Adobe. So, your posting was a good way to get that older thread updated with the latest

information.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR

• 27. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                              ugiorgi Level 1

I tried suggestion from a few other threads and nothing resolved the No DIsk in Drive E: messagem

When I delete the OldFilm.AEX as suggested below, it magically worked. Thank you so much!!

• 28. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

ugiorgi

Thanks for contributing your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disc error results.

Glad to learn that Adobe's suggested OldFilm.AEX deletion of disabling worked for you also to get rid of that Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disk error.

Best wishes

ATR

• 29. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                  vics15834309 Level 1

Thanks for the tip.  Solved my "No Disk in Drive E" issue.

Regards,

VJS

• 30. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

VJS

Many thanks for reporting the good news that the OldFilm.AEX deletion or disabling worked for you to get rid of that Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disk error.

Your success with that issue is good information to have. Appreciated.

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

• 31. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                      Deadman48 Level 1

This was the only one that worked.. Thanks.

• 32. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                        Deadman48 Level 1

I am not sure what triggered this October 2014 thread to surface toward the top of the threads here today (December 30, 2014), but significant

advance on this issue has been made since the last posts in this thread back in October 2014.

The cause of the Premiere Elements 13 No Disc error is pointing to the OldFilm.AEX file as being at the core of the issue. Deletion or disabling this file has been the fix recently for many Premiere Elements 13 reporting this problem.

See PRE_help's direction to "Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Elements 13\Plug-ins\Common\NewBlue\OldFilm.AEX"

THIS ONE WORKED

• 33. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 13 No disk in drive E:
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Deadman48

Thanks for the reply to let us know that the OldFilm.AEX deletion or disabling worked for you to get rid of the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 No Disk error.

Your follow up report is important to know in sorting out what works and does not work in troubleshooting Premiere Elements issues.

The frequency of the Adobe presence in this forum is undefined. But in this case it was PRE_help posting in this forum that gave us (users) the key to solving  this No Disc issue. Very grateful for that.

Best wishes

ATR