3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 8:13 AM by vivekuma

TV monitor display project, need advice.

KontributeR

So I will be starting a project soon for my job. It will require some content for a store lobby TV display screen. Basically I will be making some content, whether it be scrolling images, animations, or maybe a video clip playing automatically. I will have maybe all of these things to be played throughout the day in the lobby of my work for customers to be viewing. This is the first time I have taken on a project such as this and I'm not sure where to start. I need advice on what type of information I need in order to begin this such as what size to start my project as, format, etc. Thanks!

• 1. Re: TV monitor display project, need advice.
          vivekuma Adobe Employee

Hi,

You have two options:

1. Create the Edge Animation on the Computer, and play the animation and use some screen capture software that will give you a video. This video you can play on your lobby TV  in loop.

2. If the lobby TV is a smart tv (i.e. it has browser to navigate the webpage), then you can host the Edge animation content files on some server, and navigate to the server url, which will play the animation on the browser in the TV.

hth,

Vivekuma

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: TV monitor display project, need advice.
            KontributeR Level 1

vivekuma,

Thank you for your help! I will keep those options into consideration. Do you think there is a specific size and resolution that would work well? Right now I created a file that is 1080px Wide by 720px Height. I'm not sure as of right now what size monitor we will be using in the lobby, but I can definitely find out in the near future.

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: TV monitor display project, need advice.
              vivekuma Adobe Employee

Things to consider before you start:

1. TV resolution (so set the Edge Animation height and width accordingly)

2. TV orientation (as well, if horizontal or vertical). If TV is oriented vertically, you need to have larger height than width.

hth,

Vivekuma

1 person found this helpful