1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2016 5:02 AM by CanJam

Adjustment brush and graduated filter remember the same "last effect" setting. Can this be separated.

KennethT Level 1

I often switch between adjustment brush and graduated filter.
      Only most of the times I use the adjustment brush to lighten en the graduated filter to darken parts of the image.
      Switching between both tools keeps the "last used effect" in place. I'd love to have Lightroom remember the last setting of either brush or graduated filter separate.
      My effects list is getting longer and finding the needed effect is a time waster.

• 1. Re: Adjustment brush and graduated filter remember the same "last effect" setting. Can this be separated.
          CanJam

I'm using OSX 10.11.6 and the Latest LR version 2015.7 CR 9.7

I have had this problem for a long time and after speaking to a LR educator I can anecdotally confirm that the problem listed above seems to be a bug in the OSX version of LR and not present in the Windows version. I process hundreds of images each night and I am beyond frustrated by this issue.

The sequence is as follows; I can add multiple elliptical tool adjustments (lets say dodging) then move to a new image. If I use the tool again it will revert to the setting of the previous image, I would adjust the brush and edit a part of the new image lets say an over exposed area (burn). If I now move to a new part of the image which needs another burn the new brush will be set to dodge to start which means I need to pick a new drop down or manually adjust the tool. If I have 2, 3 or 10... adjustments I will need to change it manually every time.

Can someone confirm this?