1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 4, 2014 1:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 won't open

TripleEinstein Level 1

I downloaded Adobe premiere elements 12 on my hp and it keeps telling me I need to log in and register, but once I do it looks like it is loading for a few seconds and then just exits. Please help me fix this problem

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 won't open
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TripleEinstein

What is the computer operating system for your HP computer? And, since it is a HP computer, does it use more than one video card/graphics card.

Premiere Elements has problems with that 2 card system. Please tell us the card situation as shown in Device Manager/Display Adapters.

The usual drill

1. Running computer from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and Run As Administrator applied to desktop icon?

2. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements?

3. Did you install the program to the default, Drive C location?

4. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Even though you cannot open the Premiere Elements Editor, can you open the Elements Organizer?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...You may want to look at the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open