6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 4:25 AM by ShefaliG

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish

Torroes_prime

Okay so just bought Adobe Premiere Elements 12. Loaded it up and went to run it. First time I ran it I get the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Launch pad, you know where you select the Organizer or the video editor. I select video editor, it gives me a sub menu asking if I'm opening an existing Project or a new project. I select new project. the Video editor opens and I get a pop up windows stating "Please Log-in with an Admin account to access Adobe premiere Elements." I hit 'ok' and the video editor promptly vanishes leaving me at the launch pad which I close. I go to the short cut, right click on it and select "run as administrator." and I re-launch the program. Back to launch pad, select video editor, select new project. The video editor loads and appears to be working for about 3 seconds and then it vanishes. No error window, no crash report nothing. Just 'pop' it's gone.

Any idea what I can do about this? I'd really like to use the software I just bought.

Compute specs:

-updated system drives yesterday

Prossessor: AMD Phenom 2 X6

8Gb ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 460 4GB card

-Drivers updated yesterday

Primary drive is a solid state 128gb

2 secondary SATA drives at 1TB each

Premiere Elements is loaded on the 1st of the 2 secondary drives.

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Torroes_prime

Please confirm...

a. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as the Run As Administrator from the right click of the program's desktop icon?

b. Did you install the program to the default drive C location...you mention "Premiere Elements is loaded on the 1st of the 2 secondary drives", but is it the drive designated C?

c. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

d. Does your computer use just that NVIDIA video card/graphics care? Is there a second card displayed in Device Manager/Display Adapters?

e. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

You say that the crashes occur when you select Video and new project. What happens if you select Organizer instead? Still crash?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

Also review and consider...

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

• 2. Re: Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
            Torroes_prime Level 1

Please confirm...

a. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as the Run As Administrator from the right click of the program's desktop icon?

- I am running it from an admin level account.

b. Did you install the program to the default drive C location...you mention "Premiere Elements is loaded on the 1st of the 2 secondary drives", but is it the drive designated C?

- No. all I have on my primary drive (C:\) is windows, drivers and scratch disk. All my programs outside of windows are loaded on the drive designated J:\

c. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

- I did not before, but I just updated it before responding here. No effect.

d. Does your computer use just that NVIDIA video card/graphics care? Is there a second card displayed in Device Manager/Display Adapters?

- the NVIDA GeForce GTX 460 is my only video adapter.

e. Does the problem exist with and without antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

- Yes. I shut off Kaspersky and tried running the program via the launch pad. no change.

You say that the crashes occur when you select Video and new project. What happens if you select Organizer instead? Still crash?

- If I go into Organizer the system seems to run fine. I loaded Organizer about 20 minutes ago and it's still up and running just fine. But in that same time span I've tried to launch premier elements several times. It still crashes after a few seconds.

New data though. Can't tell if it's from Premier, or something else. a couple minutes after the latest attempt to run Premiere Elements I found a new window with the header "CAHeadless Debug Event". The Window reads:

CAHeadless has encounter an error.

[..\..\Src\Sequence\Sequence.cpp-2233]

and then I have a button that reads "Continue".

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
              Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Torroes_prime,

- No. all I have on my primary drive (C:\) is windows, drivers and scratch disk. All my programs outside of windows are loaded on the drive designated J:\

If you have installed Premiere Elements also in J: Drive,

Could you please remove and re install PRE on C:

Lets us know if this works.

Regards,

Sandeep

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
                Torroes_prime Level 1

so uninstalled from J, reinstalled on C. Try to run normal. Same result and previous, was told to log in with admin. Ran as admin. Same effect. It just vanishes after a couple sections. I don't even get a crash report of any sort.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Torroes_prime

Thank you for the reply with your very helpful information.

Until the problem is resolved please leave the program installed on the Local Disk C.

You should be able to install the program to other than the C drive, but most report that the program works best when

installed on the C drive. However, be advised that certain aspects of the program may install automatically to a default location

beyond your control.

Where are you getting your free hard drive space from, beyond the 128 GB on the SSD?. At this moment how much free space do you have there?

Where is the save location of the project and the Scratch Disks.

(For Scratch Disks, please see Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks for location and how much free hard drive space at each location).

Depending on your answer, let us try to have the project set to save to the default Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0, and

have the Scratch Disks (each) in preferences pointed to Same As Project.

I will post the following for consideration if and when appropriate to insert into the troubleshooting.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12 will launch and then vanish
                    ShefaliG Level 2

Hi  Torroes_prime,

Could you please share the following logs:

1. Open run and type %temp% and press enter or browse to the following location manually:

C:\Users\<user login>\AppData\Local\Temp

2. Copy and share the logs: amt3.log, oobelib.log, PDApp.log

thanks.

~ Shefali