3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 10:40 AM by Szalam

Is it possible to get "Adobe After Effects CS6" (11.0.) to work with an iMac (OS X) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card?

case66

I recently purchased a new iMac.

I also purchased "Adobe CS6 Master Collection" via DVD. $2000+

The entire "Creative Suite" installed and opened successfully except for "After Effects".

When I went to click on the "After Effects" icon in my Applications menu this is the message I kept getting.

Adobe After Effects OS X error copy.jpg

I saw on Adobe's "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS/After Effects" page that...

CS6 graphics cards copy.jpg

My iMac has a GeForce GTX 780M.

I was thinking about sending my iMac back to Apple to have it "refitted" with one of the graphics cards listed above...

but they told me that none of the graphics cards listed above are compatible with my iMac.

Is it possible to get "Adobe After Effects CS6" (11.0.) to work with an iMac (OS X) with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card?

Is there some sort of hack out there that could get this to work? or...

Could I somehow change my Adobe Settings to get "After Effects" to recognize my graphics card? or...

Could I download an alternate CS6 version of "After Effects" that is compatible with my graphics card? or...

Could anyone provide me with any other answers/ideas on how I could overcome this problem?

Of all the programs that came with "Adobe Creative Suite 6 / Master Collection" the one I was most excited about using was "After Effects."

I have made a large financial/personal sacrifice to acquire "CS6"; $2000+.

I am quite bummed that I can't use "After Effects" at this time.

If anyone could help me solve this problem I would be very grateful. 

Thank you,

case66

Post Script:

I am not interested in "Adobe's Creative Cloud" services.

I love your products but I value my privacy too much to get caught up in the "Cloud."

I hope you understand... I hope someone can/will help me.