3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2014 5:28 PM by A.T. Romano

Update Problems

Update problems

I installed an update today and now I can no longer open the program - how can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Update Problems
          A.T. Romano Level 7

update problems

You need to give us more details on your issue.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What specific Update are you referring to - a Windows Update or a program update or other?

Looking forward to those details for starters.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Update Problems
            Update problems Level 1

Sorry about the lack of details - I was using Premiere Elements 4 (I know, very old).

I am thinking since theyare now on 13, my version is too antiquated to upgrade.

I decided to just purchase 13!

Bummer that I will lose my project, but I look forward to seeing what's changed in the past decade -lol

• 3. Re: Update Problems
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Update problems

Now I understand what you were asking.

You have installed Premiere Elements 13 and cannot open in it a project created in Premiere Elements 4. Can I assume that only a Windows

computer was involved?

Do not give up just yet.

There is no guarantee that a project created in an earlier version will open in a later one. While you are trying to find out,

use a copy of the project file  from the earlier version for your exploration and experimentation.

Does this earlier project file have all its source media associated with it? That is important for the opening of the project anywhere.

Just in case note...when you import media into a project, all you get are copies of the originals that are at their hard drive save

location. And, the project needs to be able to trace back to those originals where they were when they were first imported into the

project. Take a look at that aspect of the matter.

Let us stretch the idea and look at this as a possible damaged project rather than an earlier file later program incompatibility issue.

Please see Adobe document on damaged projects.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR