6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 12:30 PM by A.T. Romano

PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project

Brookes49 Level 1

I have been working on a project for some time but then decide to edit separate parts of the project and save them with the intention of adding them to the original project at a later date.

I have now reached this point but found that it is not just straight forward as PE!! program want to close before opening another I have tried to get the clips into the elements section with no joy.

I am sure that there must be a way of doing this but I just can't find it

Please help

• 1. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Brookes49

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

You can have only one  Premiere Elements 11 project opened at a time. You can save the one that you are working on and open another.

You cannot open one project file (project.prel file) in another.

If you have project 1 and want to save its Timeline or part of it to a file for import into project 2, then

a. for whole Timeline, you go to Publish+Share/Computer/ and select an export choice compatible with your workflow.

c. for part of the Timeline, you set the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the area that you want to export....the second must do, when

you get to Publish+Share/Computer/ for the export, you must have a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only".

Then you take the export from project 1, open project 2, and import the export from 1 into 2.

Please review and consider. We can fine tune the details if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you are using a Windows computer, we might be interested in using ClipMate in conjunction with Premiere Elements for a copy/paste insert

between projects

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

• 2. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
            Brookes49 Level 1

A.T.Romano, you are a genius.!!!!!!

If you have project 1 and want to save its Timeline or part of it to a file for import into project 2, then

a. for whole Timeline, you go to Publish+Share/Computer/ and select an export choice compatible with your workflow.

The above worked great with no problems.  It just rendered the clip and reverted it back to an MTS file and I just dragged it onto the time line of the main program, saved it into the organizer, job done.

The only thing it does not do is to transfer any of the audio, but as I had not included what I wanted, it did not matter.

Many thanks again

Arthur

• 3. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
              Brookes49 Level 1

A.T.Romano,

Sorry, but I did not answer your Question.

I am running Windows 8.1    an i7 processor  a 16 gb ram and a 1 tb hard drive. it seems to be handling the adobe PE11 very well.

• 4. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Arthur

Referring to your post numbered 2....

Your Timeline content should have been exported from project 1 video and audio. In Advanced Button/Video Tab was there a check mark for Export Audio as well as Export Video? If you played back the export from project 1, using a computer player, did you get video and audio?

Was it just for the import of the export into project 2 that you did not have the audio?

There is no export with a MTS file extension in Premiere Elements. Did you mean M2T or something else?

We will dig into the details if you want to pursue that audio matter. If you do, please post the full details of the export settings that you used in project 1 and the project preset that you are using in project 2.

Referring to your post numbered 3....

Good to have that information just in case we get into any computer specific issues.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
                  Brookes49 Level 1

ATR,

As usual, you are right, my error.

The file was M2T and not MTS

I retraced my steps as per your instruction with two other clips and yes, both the video and audio are present and linked up OK.

I am very happy

Many thanks again.

Arthur

• 6. Re: PE11 adding edited clips to the time line project
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Arthur

Thanks for letting us know the great news of your success. Great job.

We thank you for looking into the suggestions, much appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR