7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 10:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start

jdean_99

I installed Adobe Premiere 13.  After install I launched Adobe Premiere 13.  I picked new project.  It asked me to sign in with my Adobe ID which I did and accepted user agreement.  Then Adobe disappeared.  I restarted my laptop and tried again.  Same result.  Help....

Windows 7 Home Premium

64-bit

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jdean_99

Does the problem  exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Does your computer have any additional security software?

Are you using a home computer or a company computer?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
            jdean_99 Level 1

I removed program.  I turned off Norton firewall and antivirus.  I reinstalled.  Everything installs.  When I register product is when it fails.  I login with Adobe I'd and click accept at the end of terms and conditions.  Then it goes blank.  Program won't start.  What do I do?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jdean_99

Let us try the tactics in the following blog post and determine if any of them work for 13 as they did for 12.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

If that does not work, I think it would be a good idea to get Adobe via its Adobe Chat involved while you are within

30 days of purchase and can get your money back if there is no resolution.

Please click on the following link...

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

The link is set for the above titles. If the link does not hold its set, you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the

above titles as guides.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
                jdean_99 Level 1

I am trying to get a representative from online chat.  I tried the first two options and neither worked.

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

jdean_99

Thanks for the update. And thank you for exploring the troubleshooting suggestions.

Please let us know the outcome from your contact with Adobe Chat.

I am hoping that Adobe Chat can offer some remote control of computer troubleshooting which we as users in this user to user forum cannot.

That would expedite matters. But, depending on the outcome of your contact with Adobe Chat, we can think about

this some more.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
                    shikha.. Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Did you install the product silently or in UI mode?

Since you are getting Sign in and Eula on product launch I assume the installation is in silent mode,if yes,please share the command used.

Since the solution suggested by ATR above did not help you , we would need few logs from your machine.

To collect the logs please use the below mentioned Log Collector tool and share the results at  shigoel@adobe.com :

Log Collector Tool

Thanks,

Shikha

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere 13 Won't Start
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

jdean_99

Thanks for the reply and looking at our troubleshooting suggestions.

Did you pursue the matter with Adobe Chat yet? If not, Shikha (Adobe Staff) may be our answer to getting your

issue resolved. Please follow up on Shikha's troubleshooting and then we can decide what next.

Thanks Shikha for your help for jdean_99. Much appreciated.

We will be watching for further developments and will continue to think about this some more.

ATR