1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 9:05 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom 5.6 Win8 64 import of some photos are not possible

my-wedding-foto.de

Lightroom 5.6 Win8 64 import of some photos are not possible: the photos are grey, the file name of the photos are already excisting in the catalog, older different photos, don’t Import Suspected Duplicates is not selected. There is no difference selected or not, the photos (Import are not possible) are always grey with the notice: These photos would be already imported! All other photos could be imported and gets grey.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.6 Win8 64 import of some photos are not possible
          dj_paige Level 9

my-wedding-foto.de wrote:

Lightroom 5.6 Win8 64 import of some photos are not possible: the photos are grey, the file name of the photos are already excisting in the catalog, older different photos, don’t Import Suspected Duplicates is not selected. There is no difference selected or not, the photos (Import are not possible) are always grey with the notice: These photos would be already imported! All other photos could be imported and gets grey.

When Lightroom greys out a photo in the Import dialog box, it means the photo is already in the catalog. It doesn't mean that it is matched with an older photo with the same name ... in order for there to be a match, the file name and capture date and file size must be identical.

So Lightroom thinks you have already imported the photos, and you think the photos have not been imported. Now I'm sure you are a very nice person, but I believe Lightroom. What you need to do is to find the photos in your Library Module and use them there. The photos can be found by searching for them by file name, after turning off all filters, and after clicking on All PHotographs in the Library Module.