• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable the welcome screen?

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update of Photoshop CC 2014 (being 2014.2.0) every time I start it, a welcome screen appears:

Capture.PNG

Not very welcoming I must say, but how do I get rid of this?

(and bonus points for the first who can answer why this screen is essentially empty )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

See this document: Troubleshoot Welcome Screen in Photoshop

Scroll all the way down to the bottom. There's a check box "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again"

You can relaunch the screen at a later date by selecting Help>Welcome Screen...

If you are a trial user, there isn't a way to easily disable the Welcome screen.  That's because we hope you'll use it to better learn how Photoshop works during your trial period.  If you do close it manually, it won't appear again until you relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this document: Troubleshoot Welcome Screen in Photoshop

Scroll all the way down to the bottom. There's a check box "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again"

You can relaunch the screen at a later date by selecting Help>Welcome Screen...

If you are a trial user, there isn't a way to easily disable the Welcome screen.  That's because we hope you'll use it to better learn how Photoshop works during your trial period.  If you do close it manually, it won't appear again until you relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeffrey. I assume you mean scroll to the bottom of the welcome screen. If I wait long enough the welcome screen paints. But there is no scroll bar, and there is no check box. The bottom of the screen has a link to CC, Photoshop Help, Forum, Inspire, and Blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a trial user or do you have a Creative Cloud membership?  If you are a trial user, there isn't a way to easily disable the Welcome screen.  That's because we hope you'll use it to better learn how Photoshop works during your trial period.  If you do close it manually, it won't appear again until you relaunch.

Best regards,

Mark VerMurlen

Adobe Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regular CC user. Free free to contact me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing... I'm using both the 32-bit and 64-bit version of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ttwn, We were in the process of updating the content of the Welcome screen over the last hour or so.  Can you please try it again?  You should be able to tell if you have the new content by going to the New Features tab and seeing features for the Oct. 2014 release.  In this tab, you should be able to scroll down to the bottom to get to the footer and see the "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again" checkbox in the lower right corner.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mark. That resolved the issue. For others reading this thread, I'm running with an i7-2600k processor, 16GB memory, SSD drive, and 60Mbps connection to the internet. With that setup it took 40 seconds for the screen to initialize, and another 20 seconds to open the New Features tab. YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works for me now too. why the heck ANYTHING should be tied to a non-working website on product used commercially is beyond me. over two hours of down-time b/c they reeaaaalllly wanted to welcome me to a product i've been using for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the "new features" tab lol.

It opens on the "Create" tab why didn't you put it there Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ph the Forum could do with an edit feature on our own posts.

Just wanted  to thank Mark VerMurlen for his advice worked like a charm.

Checked off "do not show" closed PS and restarted it, voila no welcome screen, It was getting a bit old on me having it show every time, when all I wanted to do was get to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the welcome image appears it locks up my screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a little more information here bloodwraith.

When you say the screen locks up do you mean for the Photoshop program, or do you mean your workstation screen?

Which ever it is the issue you have seems more than just the welcome message opening.

Give some system information like:

PC or Mac

Operating System

RAM

Internet Connection

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Trial user testing out PS on my Surface. Is there a way to disable the welcome screen? It freezes PS for about 30seconds while it loads the Welcome screen and I don't need to learn about tutorials, since I am an experiences PS user. You say there isnt an "easy" way to disable it. What is the harder way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is not. If you are a trial user, there isn't a way to disable the Welcome screen. That's because we hope you'll use it to better learn how Photoshop works during your trial period.  If you do close it manually, it won't appear again until you relaunch.

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Photoshop by dropping a file on the application or double clicking a file that Photoshop will open. This should suppress the Welcome screen on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble as well but mine is a little different. My computer bricks as it reaches the "welcome" or "what's new" screen. Any help would be appreciated. Would like to disable this before opening Photoshop.

Will try your suggestion of opening the application by double-clicking a file.

Would like the option of disabling the screen though as I may forget and brick a computer mid-project.

This happened to me as well with a previous update to InDesign.

Tx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its sooo slow loading the content, let it sit for a long time + hopefully should eventually bring it up to disable under new features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this fix and it did not work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application again with no success. I have logged out and then opened a .psd file only to have the same thing happen again. Very frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

despite the problem being apparently solved for most, the magic 'do not show' check point still not present in my case, hence, can't disable the welcoming screen. Any ideas?

Using on Surface Pro 3 with 200% scaling enabled.

Thank you in advance!

Untitled picture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@apollo2014 - A couple of things come to mind.  Are you running a trial of Photoshop?  If so, you won't get a "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again" checkbox because we want you to see and try some of the tutorials.  If you're a paid member, are you currently signed in?  (You can tell by looking under the Help menu directly below the Manage My Account menu item.  If it says Sign Out and your account, then you're currently signed in.)  If you're not signed it, please sign in and then close and reopen the Welcome screen and then if all is working, you'll see the "Don't Show Welcome Screen Again" checkbox in the footer of the New Features panel.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, this is a trial version at the moment. I thought it could be disabled for this mode, too. Should have read earlier posts more carefully. Thank you for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens when you aren't a trial user? I just updated to the latest version of InDesign CC. I have a CC subscription. I can't switch off the welcome screen as it says there are 0 days left of my trial and I need to join. I am already a CC subscriber. That's where I downloaded the update. So how do I remove the unwelcome Welcome screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried signing out and back in from the Creative Cloud app for your account changes to be updated? http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

If that doesn't work, I suspect a firewall or bad host file might be blocking the software from talking with the activation server: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html#Troubleshoot%20conn...

Once you're properly activated you will be able to dismiss/disable the welcome screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started off with updating to the latest version of InDesign CC. Issues with the update meant I had to uninstall InDesign (including the prefs) altogether and then download it from scratch again. As a result, InDesign thinks it’s a trial version. I have signed out and back in to Creative Cloud. Doesn’t make any difference. As the firewall hasn’t ever blocked the software from activating before (and I have Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC running without issue) it’s more likely that there’s yet another bug introduced with the update. I seem to spend more time these days troubleshooting update issues. It’s like Adobe doesn’t test the updates thoroughly but rely on users to report issues - and every update seems to introduce an issue.

Oh, and I did the 2 Adobe Logos test to check that the host file is working correctly too - it is if course working fine, but Indesign still won’t let me deactivate the bloody welcome screen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines