0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2007 1:51 PM by Jinglesthula

RadioButton as DataGrid itemRenderer

Jinglesthula
      The problem:

I have a datagrid that uses a radiobutton control as its item renderer. The radio buttons are all part of the same group, which will allow the user to select exactly one row from the datagrid. Everything works, except when I call the numRadioButtons method on the RadioButtonGroup object, it returns one more than the number of RadioButton controls that are rendered - that is, one more than the number of rows in the datagrid. When I reference a particular button in ActionScript using the RadioButtonGroup's getRadioButtonAt method, it appears that the extra button is in the 0th element of the group, and the first RadioButton control that is rendered in the datagrid can be found in the 1st element of the group (the second slot in the 'array').

It may be because the datagrid is ends up putting a radio button in the group for the header row, which it shouldn't. To try to overcome it, whenever I reference a button in the group, I just add a +1 to the index (which is a bit unelegant, if effective). The only problem is that the indexes of the real buttons increases each time the datagrid is rendered on the stage (for example when I leave the state containing the datagrid and then return to it). This makes me wonder if an extra hidden button is really being created or if somehow the datagrid and the RadioButtonGroup aren't talking to each other correctly during the rendering. Does anyone know why this happens, or how to surpress it?

The mxml:

<mx:RadioButtonGroup id="correctAnswer_grp"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Correct">
      <mx:itemRenderer>
      <mx:Component>
      <mx:VBox clipContent="false"
      paddingLeft="16" horizontalAlign="center">
      <mx:RadioButton id="myRadioButton" toggle="true"
      buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true"
      group="{outerDocument.correctAnswer_grp}" toolTip="{myRadioButton.selected}" />
      <mx:Binding source="myRadioButton.selected" destination="data.correct" />
      </mx:VBox>
      </mx:Component>
      </mx:itemRenderer>
      </mx:DataGridColumn>