Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player compatibility with Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if there was some news for a Windows 10 Technical Preview-compatible Flash Player ?

Right now, the last version of Flash Player poses problem when installing. At the 73% mark during the installation, I get a message saying that I do not have sufficient privileges to install the software.

I tried with a Local Account, a Microsoft Account and the Built-in Administrator account, and I always get the same error message.

I know it's early, just trying to test the new W10 release for compatibility issues with our software and for our future computer builds.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On Windows 8 and higher, Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and not a separate download.  My guess is that the team running adobe.com isn't aware of the new user-agent strings for IE on Windows 10.  You shouldn't be able to make it to the download page in the first place.  We should probably do something in our installers to prevent you from getting that far as well.

I was at the TAP event last week, but I haven't had a chance to play with the OS yet.  We'll definitely have Flash Player in future preview versions of Win10, but I'm not comfortable commenting publicly on a specific timeline at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines