4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 8:39 AM by h2scheer

Does premiere elements 13 support canon mov files?

h2scheer

Does Premiere Elements support Canon mov files or must I convert the mov file to a different format first?  If I have to convert the mov file first, what file conversion program should I use and what file type should I convert it to?

• 1. Re: Does premiere elements 13 support canon mov files?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

h2scheer

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

Are you concerns about Premiere Elements Editor OR Elements Organizer 13 playback of your .mov into the Elements Organizer 13.

Files with the .mov file extension are usually supported by Premiere Elements.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13?

What is the model/settings of the Canon camera recording the .mov files in question.

Are you having a problem with Premiere Elements 13 and your .mov files at this time or are you just asking a question for planned activities?

The above will help us plot the troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Does premiere elements 13 support canon mov files?
            h2scheer Level 1

Thank you for your prompt response. I have premiere elements 10 and I am

thinking of upgrading to elements 13. I have windows 8.1 and a Canon 70D. I

usually shoot in raw. I have been shooting photos only and I am getting

ready to shoot video with the Canon 70D. I have Quick Time 7.7.5, which is

a recent version. I am more concerned about the editor.

Sincerely,

Howard Scheer

Howard Scheer

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Does premiere elements 13 support canon mov files?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Howard Scheer

Thanks for the additional very helpful information.

Two concerns in your case...

1. Canon 70D and its H.264 intra frame compression. Please refer to the following

current thread on the color fade of the exports of the Canon 70D footage

export quality

2. Premiere Elements 10 on a computer with a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card

is bad news. The typical fix is to roll back the driver version to about May 2013. But, when the

computer operating system is Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit, often there is not an older enough driver

version to revert to in order to get Premiere Elements 10 to display and work properly.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/02/pe10-nvidia-video-card-roll-back.html

Also see Announcement at top of this forum about the Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue.

You should not expect to run into this problem in Premiere Elements 13. But, go tryout before purchase

to assure the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals.

Please review and consider and then we can discuss your situation further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Does premiere elements 13 support canon mov files?
                h2scheer Level 1

Thanks for the thread. I will be watching out for additional tweaks and

updates for Premiere 13 that involve handling of Canon 70D mov files.

Sincerely,

Howard Scheer

Howard Scheer

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 6:05 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>