13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM by Boobachow

Problème d'importation de vidéos

Boobachow

Bonjour,

Lorsque j'importe des vidéos (mp4 provenant d'une gopro), certaines sont vertes et ne fonctionnent pas alors que d'autres se lisent normalement.

Est-ce que quelqu'un à déjà rencontré ce problème?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

• 2. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

boobachow

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the model/settings of the GoPro camera that recorded this video? Do all the .mp4 files have the same frame size and other

properties?

Where are you importing your GoPro video - into the Elements Organizer or into the Premiere Elements Editor or both?

Please reply also including

project preset

properties of source media

video card/graphics card driver version, updating status according to web site of manufacturer of the card

latest version of QuickTime intalled status

User Account with Administrative Privileges status

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
            A.T. Romano Level 7

boobachow

Add On...you can look at the conversion of your assumed H.264.mp4 to Cineform.avi (assumed converted to file), but I would suggest to you, in spite of any posted GoPro workflow, that is not always necessary. And, the use of Cineform.avi in Premiere Elements may introduce certain import issues.

We look forward to your results from evaluating the overall situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
              Boobachow Level 1

I'm using Premiere elements version 12.0 on Windows 8.

I have a hero 3 black edition, and video that i want to use are in 1080 60fps. I ever cut videos to keep best moment with Yamb, and some videos work and other don't work (it comes from the same source).

I imported videos in the premiere elements editor.

Thank you for your response.

• 5. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                A.T. Romano Level 7

boobachow

Thank you for the additional information.

I am moving forward understanding that this is a Premiere Elements 12 issue and not an Elements Organizer 12 issue. But, if you look at the thumbnail for

your bad video in the Elements Organizer 12, what does the thumbnail look like...green also.

Have you updated 12 to 12.1 Update using the opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

I am assuming that the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition is giving you both good and bad H.264.mp4 (1920 x 1080p60) video from the same camera and same

settings. So, the question becomes why some and not all if same video compression and file extension and same everything?

Just curious...why 1080p60 and not 1080p50 since you appear to be in a PAL area?

Have you done a MediaInfo video/audio properties readout to try to determine any difference from a good versus a bad file?

MediaInfo | SourceForge.net

Is the distribution of good and bad video for a given recording session restricted to one recording session? Or, are you having this problem

as you continue to recording more and more video from the camera and try to edit it in Premiere Elements?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                  Boobachow Level 1

Hello,

I updated to 12.1 version and same problem.

However, i tried to read video with Elements Organizer and it works!

Don'know why i didn't change pal area, i let default settings.

I tried to determine difference between good and bad file with mediainfo and i didn'f find difference.

The problem is on cut video, i use Yalb to select best moments. And on a same video source, a part of the video works and another parts doesn't work.

Is possible that the problem is with Yamb software?

Thanks for your help.

David

• 7. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Thanks for the reply.

Here are a few thoughts on your situation. Please let me know if any are worthwhile for you to pursue.

1. Could you take the whole uncut footage and Yamb cut footage into Premiere Elements and determine if

the problem exists consistently for both?

2. What happens if you right click the Elements Organizer thumbnail for the bad video (which appears to be good there), select Edit with

Premiere Elements Editor? Does the video that appears in Premiere Elements Editor display with the

colored image?

3. Please confirm...that the bad video is always bad and the good video is always good and that

you do not have bad video that unexpectedly is good video at times.

4. Would you consider sending us samples (bad and good) in a Dropbox link posted in your thread?

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                      Boobachow Level 1

I erased the source video....

If i right click on elements organizer for the bad video and i select edit with element editor, but the video desn't work in element editor....

I confirm that it's always same videos which don't work and same videos which work.

I send a sample of videos good and bad. (if i find the dropbox link...)

• 9. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                        Boobachow Level 1

I don't find how to send videos,, i can send you by email if you want?

• 10. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Boobachow

Thanks for the reply.

Would really like to work with that specific file.

I can open a Dropbox link in a thread, but I have never attempted to send a sample to anyone using a Dropbox link.

I do not know if the following information will help

Dropbox - How do I link to a file or folder?

Do you have any other ways that you usually use for file/folder sharing?

You wrote

If i right click on elements organizer for the bad video and i select edit with element editor, but the video doesn't work in element editor....

What happens....green thumbnail in Project Assets in Premiere Elements Editor or error message that file is not transferred by Elements Organizer to

Premiere Elements Editor?

What you might consider...taking the bad files through Handbrake to generate H.264.mp4 files to bring into the Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

If you need more details on that idea, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 11. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                            Boobachow Level 1

When i transfert the bad file in the elements editor, i have the green video.

I used Handbrake and the bad video work!

But i lost in quality i think, i passed datarate from 30MBits to 20Mbits/s, maybe an option to set correctly?

I need your name to allow you to see my dropbox file.

Thank you.

• 12. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Boobachow

Please consider looking at the HandBrake conversion of the video to its H.264.mp4.

If there are any problems with that, please let me know in this thread.

After that, we can discuss by private message the details of file sending if the above does not work.

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Problème d'importation de vidéos
                                Boobachow Level 1

OK, thank you guy!