5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 2:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu

SunshineLollipops

Hi, in Elements 10 I am experiencing a blurry disc/main menu. The rest of the video (stills, title pages and videos) are clear. How can I resolve?

• 1. Re: Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SunshineLollipops

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on and what video card/graphics card does your computer use. Background information for now.

Is your report restricted to previewing of your disc menu in the disc menu section of the opened project? Or, do these problems present in the playback of the end product burn to disc?

If just to previewing within the project, then please take the project to burn to disc and evaluate the disc menu playback on your supported player.

Premiere Elements (any version) disc menu previews are not good. Classically the major perk of previewing the disc menu within the project is to determine if the navigation buttons are working and that there are no button overlaps.

Please supply more details and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu
            SunshineLollipops Level 1

Hi, I am running Windows 7 Enterprise with I5 processor 2.6GHZ. I am not certain how to determine the video card/graphic card, let me know if this covers it or if you require something further.

I am experiencing the blurring disc/main menu when I extract/share the elements file via the web DVD option within the project. The blurry problem continues when I view the video on my computer. Presume the issue would be the same under any sharing method?

• 3. Re: Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SunshineLollipops

Do you have the time to take your Timeline content with same disc menu (as for webDVD) to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

That would help us to pin point the disc menu.

Disc

DVD disc

The Preview that you get of the disc menu section of the program is not all that great, so I do not want to use that to

evaluate the situation. Disc Menu preview is best used for determining if the menu navigation buttons are working and there

are no button overlaps.

Please let us know if that plan is OK with you.

Thank.

ATR

Add On...To check on video card/graphics card, please go to Device Manager/Display Adapters...right now, I think that

looking at the menus on the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc playback would be the most helpful.

• 4. Re: Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu
                SunshineLollipops Level 1

Hi ATR, I managed to burn the project to a DVD. The disc menu is somewhat less grainy/blurred than it was viewing on my laptop. Is there a way to make it even crisper?

My video/graphics card specs are Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Elements 10 - blurry disc/main menu
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SunshineLollipops

Thanks for the news of your progress.

Please let me know - looking at the end product DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, is it just the menus that are the issue at this point?

Is the video presentation as a whole on the same quality level as the disc menus?

Are the issues essentially in the text? If so, some of those menus come with relatively small text size. You may want to increase the text

size in the disc menu customization area to determine if that proves the menu situation. Just watch out for button overlaps as you

increase text size and move around menu buttons.

We will think about this some more.

Thank you.

ATR