1 2 3 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 2:35 PM by Sue Garibaldi

How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?

Carlos Rego Level 1

Hi,

I just downloaded the Illustrator Draw and need to export some illustrations as pdf.

In Ideas I was able to do this through e-mail but in Illustrator Draw I'm only able to e-mail as a jpeg.

Carlos

• 1. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
          Podessto

Please help! How can I send my illustrator draw file from ipad to illustrator cc "pdf"? There is no possibility. There is just export through email as a jpeg!!!

• 2. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
            William Eisley Adobe Employee

Currently Draw does not provide a mechanism to e-mail a PDF of your drawing. We will add support for that in a future update. If you're using the latest version of Illustrator CC 2014 released on 10/6/2014, you can send your artwork to Illustrator by tapping on the Share button and then tapping on the 'Send to Illustrator' button.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
              Podessto Level 1

Thank you so much William! But I still don't understand why in my adobe draw there isn't 'Send to Illustrator' button??? I have latest version of illustrator CC 2014 (official demo version), but I can't find this button on my adobe draw!!! Please tell me what I do wrong??? May be this is work just with full version of illustrator cc???

Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_0962.PNG

• 4. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                William Eisley Adobe Employee

You're correct in that you need to have the full version of Illustrator — and not the demo version — to make this button appear. Hope that helps!

• 5. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                  justinr714

Hi William

Do you have any timeline as to when to expect the export a PDf option in Adobe Draw, as we used to use Adobe Ideas with Illustrator cs4 and they worked great together, now we can no longer export our artwork as PDF files, just JPG which is quite useless.

• 6. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                    Tiburon33

I'm having the same issue and I have the full version of illustrator.

• 7. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                      darqdesign Level 1

i am very disappointed with Adobe Draw, no pdf svg export, useless, the app is excellent new features, but useless with no export, if i need jpg or png i use photoshop, But guys this is VECTOR PROGRAM. i recommend inkPad for iPad.

If adobe need more money, sale the app, no $220 anual subscription for export options.

Luis

behance.com/darqdesign

• 8. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                        RenderMe Level 1

When I read that it had vector capabilities, I immediately downloaded.  I was impressed with the stroke, line weight with my stylus, etc.  I just went for it and created a full image for a client and then decided to send it to my email.  Similar to the way I did in Ideas.  You have got to be f'n kidding me......   NO PDF EXPORT?  Useless app for my needs.  USELESS.  I sent to myself a low resolution png file.  Someone tell me if I am doing something wrong or am I right to feel slightly duped.

2 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                          Biggiemouse

II'll confine my work to Ideas until I can save to PDF in Draw.

• 10. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                            schnell9

Hi,

this is a solution for jailbreak iPads:

Adobe Draw save projects as SVG-files.

- open filemanager on iPad, e.g. iFile

- navigate to /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/...search...for...right...folder.../Library/Priva te Documents/ModelStorage/AssetContext/...search...for...right...folder.../projects/...searc h...for...right...folder.../current

- mark SVG-files and send by eMail

- have fun!

adobe_draw.jpg

• 11. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                              Lopesco Level 1

Hi!

That was a great tip! Just updating it: you can do this with any device, jailbroken or not! I'm using iFunBox here on my iPad 4 (no jailbreak), and (finally...), could access my svg files.

Follow the steps:

Adobe Draw>Library>Private Documents>Model Storage>a folder with a Greeeaat name>Projects>another folder with another big name>Current. Inside this folder there were all my projects (see below)

Untitled-1.jpg

And so... I was finally able to get my work in an useable format:

Untitled-2.jpg

Today we have 2 updates to Adobe apps (Line and Sketch), and by now I get the "Send to" options in both... maybe in the next days we have the same for Draw, but this is a good solution anyway, for those who want to get access to the projects already done in Draw, or don't want to switch to Adobe CC by now.

• 12. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                schnell9 Level 1

Thank you for update!

• 13. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                  Lopesco Level 1

Thank you! Yesterday I was trying to get my files exported from the updated Adobe Line app to my desktop, and no way: for us, legacy users (I'm on CS6), the only way to get a vector file is through this method (perhaps not desirable concerning such a so basic thing like getting your work in a suitable manner, but it's a simple method in the end - better than getting no vector file after all - just need to get iFile, iFunBox or any other "iStuff" manager app). Using the "Send to" option in the updated Adobe apps, will ask for Adobe Illustrator CC to open the .ai file. Certainly, with Adobe Draw will be the same. So, 'till (and if...), Adobe decides to bring back the e-mail pdf export, it's the ONLY way legacy users have to work with Draw or Line apps and get a vector file by now.

• 14. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                    schnell9 Level 1

Tested sucessful with iMazing 1.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.10.1!

• 15. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                      Knowuh

Is there an ETA on when the update will be available so files can be exported as PDFs?

• 16. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                        Vonster Level 1

Someone else shared this link in another thread. Wow! The iPad app "Concepts" makes Adobe Draw look like something a high school coder would create. Has all the features needed, the drawing feels better than Adobe Draw, you can rotate canvas as you draw like real life, export out anything you want, name layers, name files, quickly access items without having them hid on you. It's brilliant. http://goo.gl/nFglLr

• 17. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                          Knowuh Level 1

Thanks, but what do i do with all the work i created on Draw?

• 18. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                            Vonster Level 1

You can get it in vector form by sending to Illustrator. Even though the app is highly flawed with the lack of so many basic features and poorly designed UI hiding others the send to Illustrator feature works really well. But this assumes you have a CC account and I believe you also need Ai CC 2014 as well? I may be wrong on both accounts however? Maybe you just need bluetooth. In any regard that would give you access to vector art. Short of that you're at Adobe mercy in terms of when and if they think adding PDF support via email is still valid or the paint bucket, or making undo less of a hassle etc.

• 19. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                              Biggiemouse Level 1

Thanks, all, for your thoughts. I've downloaded Concepts but haven't yet had time to try it. Vonster, I've been able to save to illustrator on my laptop without a problem, but my need is to share with other vector apps on my iPad, so that I don't have to drag both around with me. I often start an illustration in Adobe Ideas and then share it to indeeo iDraw, which has wonderful vector control (gradients, Bézier curves, type). So Adobe Draw hobbles me. I'll attach a couple examples of the hybrid approach I like.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 20. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                Vonster Level 1

I hear you. Draw is very limiting. But I think the initial release as is was intentional to push people to CC. When I asked them about why no fill tool all they responded with is "You can long hold and fill an area." On a complex drawing that methodology is at best slow and inane. That wasn't my question. They knew the app was half-baked when they released it. That is part of their problem, they don't full gestate an idea before they let it loose and we're stuck in the middle. It's kind of useful, but not fully useful.

• 21. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                  Buggsy Malone

Greetings William,

I am having this same issue but i do have the full version of illustrator CC. I have had a membership for almost 3 years now... I have the option to send to illustrator from Adobe Line but not from Draw where I have been working from as I prefer the brushes there. Please advise how I can fix this issue. Thank you.

• 22. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                    geoparkin Level 1

Please Adobe, restore the 'email as pdf' option to Draw. In spite of all the new drawing tools, its absence, for me and clearly for many others, makes Draw a real disappointment. I kind of miss the Ideas file manager, too. It was a lot easier and quicker to navigate in my opinion. Also, since migrating to Creative Cloud storage, my old Ideas files have all been duplicated – why's that? Oh, and while we're at it, what happened to the portrait format option? These are all genuinely infuriating issues – I absolutely LOVED the Ideas app.

Cheers

• 23. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                      Frank Stokes-Guinan Adobe Employee

FYI, one small tidbit about the Ideas file manager comment. In Draw (as well as in Sketch and Line), you can pinch out in the organizer view to get to a grid view of your projects. This is especially helpful when you have lots of projects as it allows you to scroll through them much more quickly.

Hope that helps,

Frank

Draw Engineering

• 24. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                        Vonster Level 1

Why is pinch zooming in Adobe Draw so sluggish compared to the snappy performance in Adobe Ideas? Are you guys going to improve that or just leave as is which is half-baked and clunky?

I just don't get how you make a feature so intrinsically embedded into iPad daily functionality and make it worse than your previous app?

I really think this all happens because none of the engineers are actually creating anything so they don't know any better. And when people who do point out the obvious it doesn't really change anything.

Naming layers, and pinch zoom are the ABC's of this type of app and the fact you release it without such base functionality is pretty lame.

• 25. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                          Lanooz

I'm really disappointed with Adobe Draw. Firstly, I'm not a CC user, (CS6, here), because I just simply can't afford it, so I'm very sad to know that Adobe is kind of ditching everyone else when making new products now. And what the point of the vector editor when you can't export vectors?...

And about the products itself, its simplicity is quite cool, but some basics stuff are not as smooth, intuitive and user-friendly as predecessor, Adobe Ideas. Zoom-pinching and moving canvas around isn't really smooth as well as undo-gesture. The app doesn't always know what I wanna do, I don't have that issue with other editors (Ideas included)

• 26. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                            Fernando Rebelo

Let me start by saying that I have a purchased version of the latest Adobe CC Family.

The software is fine, but the cloud crap, is just, well... crap.

I got myself a brand new Mac. A month old. Fully updated. My internet connection is great. Life is good. But the Adobe CC manager still fails to connect with adobe servers every 9 times out of 10.

Mobile stuff:

I bought Adobe Ideas a while ago. You read right: I gave money for it. Wonderful times. The software worked. I could save a vector pdf and re-use layers in Illustrator. Fantastic.

Now it's gone. It's a pile of steaming crap called Adobe Draw.

I found out that it can upload to my Adobe CC libraries. Cool. Because I spend 50€ every month on that stuff. So I go and manage the files I've tried to do in adobe draw, and, to my surprise: I CAN'T DOWNLOAD THEM TO ILLUSTRATOR. A PAID FULL FREAKIN VERSION!

Why? Because Illustrator CC reads and loads your Cloud Library, that is a separate Library from your Cloud MOBILE Library. And you CANNOT move things between Libraries, although they are in the same account. But you can share it with others, but not yourself. F**** amazing!

Work around:

1) export a jpg or PNG and pay someone to vector draw it AGAIN

2) Pay someone else an Adobe CC license at 50€ a month (full year licence only - 600€), share the link with them, and ask politely so that they mail it back to you in ai format.

Thank you Adobe for rendering the mobile / cloud stuff useless.

Fernando

• 27. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                              Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Fernando,

I replied to the note you sent from inside the app.

Sue.

• 28. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                Sir-5

Still nothing is changed

BRING BACK IDEAS ALREADY !!!!!!!!

• 29. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                  Lopesco Level 1

Still no changes: I used to get my vector files by opening Adobe Draw sandbox via iFunbox, but with ios9 it doesn't work anymore. We've seen plenty of Illustrator Draw improvements over the last 12 months, but no such a basic thing as exporting your work in a suitable, useable format. Listen: I've done a finished illustration. Idon't want to send it to your desktop app. I just want to use my work directly. Me and a thousand other people just want such a thing so simple as that.

Just listen to your ******* customers. Or give up this app as you've did with others, inclusive the app that made your name in the mobile industry, Adobe Ideas. I just keep using this Draw app because it's good. But as I can't anymore get my work, I think it's time to give up...

• 30. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?

Lopesco.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I do (and I will) pass these comments on to the Draw team.

Sue.

• 31. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                      Dj Lighta

I have been having the same problem. I originally used Adobe Ideas which I couldnt praise enough. I loved it and created over 250 pieces in fine detail that each one took around 5-8hrs. But since the ios9 update with apple Ideas is no longer available. I have lost over 200 pieces. ADOBE DO NOT CARE!

I used to be able to email my work as PDF. Since Adobe Draw was released I downloaded to my ipad and noticed some issues. the main one was NO PDF option.

I thought I would be patient hoping they will allow PDF in updates.

over 1 year later and I am still waiting. I couldnt use Adobe Draw for this simple reason. AND I ALSO DO NOT WANT TO SEND TO DESKTOP.

It seems to me that Adobe want people to use other means of software. Maybe because that generates more money for them whilst thousands of its loyal customers suffer.

a good will gesture would be to update Adobe Ideas so we can get to our work and then allow PDF with Adobe Draw.

without PDF adobe draw is just another amateur app on the app store. Nothing professional about it.

I am seriously losing all respect and hope with adobe. I am currently looking for other software developers to take Adobes place which I will never look back once I find the right one. And that's a promise.

WHY WOULD I INVEST MY TIME AND TALENT IN A COMPANY THAT THROW CURVE BALLS THAT DESTROYS EVERYTHING I AM TRYING TO DO AND DONE.

ADOBE NEEDS TO MAKE THIS RIGHT FOR ITS LOYAL CUSTOMERS BEFORE THEY ALL WASH THEIR HANDS WITH ADOBE.

• 32. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                        Dj Lighta Level 1

I have been having the same problem. I originally used Adobe Ideas which I couldnt praise enough. I loved it and created over 250 pieces in fine detail that each one took around 5-8hrs. But since the ios9 update with apple Ideas is no longer available. I have lost over 200 pieces. ADOBE DO NOT CARE!

I used to be able to email my work as PDF. Since Adobe Draw was released I downloaded to my ipad and noticed some issues. the main one was NO PDF option.

I thought I would be patient hoping they will allow PDF in updates.

over 1 year later and I am still waiting. I couldnt use Adobe Draw for this simple reason. AND I ALSO DO NOT WANT TO SEND TO DESKTOP.

It seems to me that Adobe want people to use other means of software. Maybe because that generates more money for them whilst thousands of its loyal customers suffer.

a good will gesture would be to update Adobe Ideas so we can get to our work and then allow PDF with Adobe Draw.

without PDF adobe draw is just another amateur app on the app store. Nothing professional about it.

I am seriously losing all respect and hope with adobe. I am currently looking for other software developers to take Adobes place which I will never look back once I find the right one. And that's a promise.

WHY WOULD I INVEST MY TIME AND TALENT IN A COMPANY THAT THROW CURVE BALLS THAT DESTROYS EVERYTHING I AM TRYING TO DO AND DONE.

ADOBE NEEDS TO MAKE THIS RIGHT FOR ITS LOYAL CUSTOMERS BEFORE THEY ALL WASH THEIR HANDS WITH ADOBE.

• 33. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                          Dj Lighta Level 1

DEAR ALL USERS. I HAVE TWEETED SEVERAL ADOBE ACCOUNTS ON TWITTER.

COULD YOU PLEASE RE-TWEET?

I AM TRYING TO PROMPT THEM TO HELP US ALL OUT.

MY TWITTER IS @DjLighta

I just sent the tweet to them. Here is the link

https://twitter.com/DjLighta/with_replies?lang=en-gb

ITS TIME WE BOMBARDED THEM!

• 34. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                            Lopesco Level 1

Hi Dj.

I know what you mean: I sell my t-shirts on line, and have made a series of 5 illustrations specially for this year halloween and, as I said I can't get the vector files, so... I'm losing money using Draw.

Before, with iOS 8.something I could access the app sandbox by means of third party desktop apps to get the .svg vector files, but with iOS 9 this no longer possible. So I have only 2 options: wait 'till appear a way to jailbreak this iOS OR downgrade to 8  JUST to get a file the app could simply export as before... None of this interests me.

I use iPad as a creational tool extensively. My choices are Procreate for bitmap illustrations and Draw for vector (as were Ideas before - and I don't think they will update Ideas anymore). The only thing I can say is that I will not switch to Illustrator CC just to get a vector file from a mobile app... As hundreds of other creatives won't. The price is too high for such a little thing, and I have payed before (and a very expensive price here in Brazil...), for my CS6 apps.

• 35. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                              Dj Lighta Level 1

i feel your pain. I just hope Adobe show some compassion and sort this huge problem out.

ITS TRANSPARENT THEY JUST WANT OUR MONEY.

• 36. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?

DJ,

If there are drawings in Adobe Ideas that you need to recover, you can follow the steps our engineers came up with for retrieving them. They're posted athttps://forums.adobe.com/thread/1962985

Sue.

• 37. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                                  Podessto Level 1

Adobe wants more money !!!! I deleted all the applications of Adobe !!!! Good luck to you adobe... besides you there are other companies such as autodesk!!!!

You flew too high that would fall to the level of ordinary people!!!! Money for you above all else

• 38. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                                    Wojtek Lewandowski

Dear Adobe,

I don't mind buying that app of yours for few euro. Really I don't.

I paid 7,99 € euro for Ideas and you stole it from me to replace it with Draw which is the same, just refreshed UI.

You did your own stylus and cut off the support of other styluses in past... nasty but you finally have support of wacom creative stylus.

Now you cut out export to PDF to boost sales on creative cloud... nasty again...

I would really just want to know if you intend to give us back the pdf export option just to know if I should uninstall all your apps or if there is hope for you.

What about my 7,99 € is you intend to make Draw a CC only app?

It seems it's just risky business to invest in purchasing any of your software.

• 39. Re: How to export a pdf from Illustrator Draw?
                                                                                      Dj Lighta Level 1

Sue.

I have done this. I now have all my designs in IDEAS format.

Now I want to be able to email them as PDF to my clients.

How is this possible????

when loading them in Adobe Draw i cannot send them as PDF

does anyone know if Adobe are going to bring back PDF?

I get the impression Adobe do not care.

Not only did you take a bought app from me. I also bought books on Ideas Which was a waste of money

have some compassion for clients Please

1 2 3 Previous Next