6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 2:27 PM by Luke Jennings

Is there any way to automate or make my processes any faster?

ErickSmith

I am a technical writer for a manufacturing company and I find myself doing the same thing over and over again.

How I do things now;

A new machine is designed and it needs a User, Service, Maintenance, and Installation guide.

- I open the book file of the previous model's manual (i.e, if a Model G is designed, I use the manual for F and make the changes) and manually change EVERY instant of the model name, number, etc.. (Each manual has around 30 sections, a few pages each section) I use the search all documents to change model names/numbers and it's not that big of a deal.

- I swap out the pictures and forms that need to change, update some unique cases, add procedures, etc..

The way i would LIKE it to work;

I have one form per machine family that I can update certain forms (CE Certifications, Spec Sheets, etc..) that meets a basic requirement for our certifications.

Is there a way to open a sort of pre-built book file that I can then be prompted to update certain things. (i.e; a prompt that asks for the CE Certification, Spec Sheet, weight Info, Electrical info, etc..)?

I just keep wasting a TON of time doing the same thing for slightly different machines over and over and over again.