3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 8:04 PM by ronhazelton

Where is the shuttle slider in Premiere Elements 13?

ronhazelton Level 1

The shuttle slider is not visible and I cannot seem to find a menu option to make it so.  All other playback controls are visible, but not the slider. Can someone help?

• 1. Re: Where is the shuttle slider in Premiere Elements 13?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ronhazelton

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running?

Please import your file and drag it to the Expert workspace Timeline. Then click on the Full Screen button at the top right of the workspace.

When you are in the Full Screen view, you will see the Shuttle Slider at the bottom of the view. I think this has been the case since Premiere Elements 11.

One of the Premiere Elements users with the ID of VDOSurfer was probably the first to point that out here for Premiere Elements 11.

Thanks VDOSurfer.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Where is the shuttle slider in Premiere Elements 13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

ronhazelton

I was just doing some checking out of Premiere Elements 13 Keyboard Customization and came across some information for you to check out with regard to the preview Shuttle function default keyboard shortcut command in the non Full Screen view.

In the non Full Screen view, please check out...

• Shuttle Left function with the command of J.
            • Shuttle Right function with the command of L
            • Shuttle Slow Left function with the command of Shift+J
            • Shuttle Slow Right function with the command of Shift+L
            • Shuttle Stop function with the command of K.

When you get a chance, please let us know if any of those worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Where is the shuttle slider in Premiere Elements 13?
              ronhazelton Level 1

Thank you so much for tracking this down.   Yes, I'm finding the J and L keys to function as you described.   It baffles me though, that the slider is visible only in full screen.  In earlier versions of Premiere Elements I frequently used the slider while editing in the expert timeline mode.  It was intuitive and easy to reverse direction just with a mouse movement.   I found it to be especially useful when I was editing audio or narration.  I just can't understand the rationale for removing it from the workspace.  I'm hoping it will come back in the next iteration.