14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 9:29 PM by ssprengel

Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

carlosgray

Hello,

After a recent hardware meltdown I have recently reinstalled my CS5 Creative Suite onto a new machine (running windows 7).

For some reason the Adobe Application manager won't update.  I keep getting the same error message and getting redirected to redownload the Application manager.  I have done this several times and keep getting the same error.  I have also tried rebooting numerous times and also installing the updates manually from the Adobe website.  Neither have worked

Specifically, I need to update camera raw as I now cant read any of the .ORF files that I have.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
          carlosgray Level 1

Thank you for the reply.  I just tried downloading update 6.7.1 and when I try and install the update I get the error below:

Error message.jpg

This is the same error I received when trying to update previously.

• 3. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens when you try the AAM install linked in the error message?  Is the page not found or does the installer not run or what?  If you are redirected to a webpage then can you copy/paste that link into a message, here?

• 4. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
              carlosgray Level 1

I get redirected to: http://www.adobe.com/appsmanager/index.html

I reinstall the apps manager and after trying the ACR 6.7.1 update again I end up getting the same error message as above.

• 5. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

I downloaded and ran the AAM8 that that link, but have CC installed so it stops before it gets very far so I don’t see that message you’re getting.

Here is another page that lists three solutions, the first being the same AAM download but then two others:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-application-manager-needed-cs5.html

You might also check the install logs:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html

Here is a longer help article about AAM problems:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-update-issues-cs5-cs5.html

I wonder if you should uninstall everything Adobe and then run the CC Cleaner to clear out as much as possible, then reinstall CS5:\

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

• 6. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
                  carlosgray Level 1

Ok thank you for all your suggestions.  Last night I worked my way through all your posts and in the end I opted for the last option.  I uninstalled the creative suite, used the CC cleaner, reinstalled the CS5 creative suite off the install CD and unfortunately am back to where I started.  It still won't update the programs!  I can't update from within the program.  When I go to Help>update, nothing happens.  If I try and install the the update manually through AAM, I get the same "update failed" error message as the above post.

Any other suggestions??  Could it be the fact that I have installed the suite numerous times off the same disc and my license is being blocked?

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
                    dobedoer

I am getting the same thing as carlos. Please help

• 8. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

I think it would give a different error if your activation was blocked.

Have you been able to make sense of the installer logs that actually might have a useful error message?  I think that was one of the items on one of the links.

• 9. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
                        carlosgray Level 1

I checked that and couldn't find anything that seemed out of the ordinary.  All the logs finish with:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 0 - No error.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

END - Installer Session

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

• 10. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

Are any of the installer logs current as of when you tried updating with AAM or are they all just from when you installed CS5, again, which would explain why they’re all indicating success, because the initial install was successful.

• 11. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
                            carlosgray Level 1

I just checked some of the other logs and I found one ending with:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Restarting your computer is recommended:

In order to complete the installation, please restart the computer

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Call PostSession Custom Hook

:: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 51506.7 miliseconds (51.5067 seconds) DTR = 36827.4 KBPS (35.9642 MBPS)

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 12 warning(s)

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {E5087BCA-6496-47A7-B9C4-B85D1CF062AE} AdobeColorJA CS5 is required by {F9766AC1-1461-1033-B862-DF8FE1C033BE} Adobe InDesign CS5 Application Base Files but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {D26EEF95-420A-4726-B85D-AFBE752EF526} AdobeColorNA CS5 is required by {F9766AC1-1461-1033-B862-DF8FE1C033BE} Adobe InDesign CS5 Application Base Files but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {DE99CD25-C87E-499F-AFB8-88D00F0BAEB3} PDF Settings CS5 is required by {F9766AC1-1461-1033-B862-DF8FE1C033BE} Adobe InDesign CS5 Application Base Files but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {694213D7-1E0E-4C8F-B822-E2E3680C0FCE} Adobe Media Encoder CS5 is required by {F9766AC1-1461-1033-B862-DF8FE1C033BE} Adobe InDesign CS5 Application Base Files but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {6F29BE46-E5F3-4146-8A84-20301E5C985A} AdobeColorEU CS5 is required by {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84} Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {E5087BCA-6496-47A7-B9C4-B85D1CF062AE} AdobeColorJA CS5 is required by {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84} Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {D26EEF95-420A-4726-B85D-AFBE752EF526} AdobeColorNA CS5 is required by {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84} Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {DE99CD25-C87E-499F-AFB8-88D00F0BAEB3} PDF Settings CS5 is required by {667C8B6C-3EAF-4646-A8EC-D85CCC4D3D84} Adobe Photoshop CS5 Core_x64 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {6F29BE46-E5F3-4146-8A84-20301E5C985A} AdobeColorEU CS5 is required by {9B97EC91-B3FD-4BFF-88FC-5345A26AC2E7} Adobe Illustrator CS5 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {E5087BCA-6496-47A7-B9C4-B85D1CF062AE} AdobeColorJA CS5 is required by {9B97EC91-B3FD-4BFF-88FC-5345A26AC2E7} Adobe Illustrator CS5 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {D26EEF95-420A-4726-B85D-AFBE752EF526} AdobeColorNA CS5 is required by {9B97EC91-B3FD-4BFF-88FC-5345A26AC2E7} Adobe Illustrator CS5 but isn't free.

WARNING: PayloadPolicyNode.SetAction: IN payload {DE99CD25-C87E-499F-AFB8-88D00F0BAEB3} PDF Settings CS5 is required by {9B97EC91-B3FD-4BFF-88FC-5345A26AC2E7} Adobe Illustrator CS5 but isn't free.

Search the same string above to find when the error occured.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 0 - No error

END - Installer Session

Does this help at all?

• 12. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

If you don’t see the word ERROR related to a message I doubt those warnings are anything, but understanding if they showed up when you did the original install or more recently when you tried to update ACR with AAM would help determine if they are part of the problem.  The timestamp of the file should give a clue when the last errors in the file were written though there may be timestamps every so often.

I googled one of the messages and only found a very long thread about other problems with messages about installs failing. 

Does InDesign use the Camera Raw plug-in or placing raw photos or something?  If not then these message are unlikely related.

I am beginning to wonder if the AAM that Adobe currently offers for installation is somehow not compatible with older versions of Adobe products or perhaps not compatible with older versions of Windows or Mac OSes.

• 13. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7
                                carlosgray Level 1

Thanks for looking into this.  I am wondering the same thing regarding the compatibility of the AAM with older CS versions.  (The AAM basically installs the CC app).  Is there anyway to bypass the AAM??

As for indesign using camera raw, I don't believe it does although I don't use indesign all that often.  Photoshop and Illustrator are the programs that I need on a regular basis.

Pretty much fresh out of ideas.  

I might try to wipe the system clean and try one more time before throwing in the towel.

Let me know if you come up with any other ideas before then.

• 14. Re: Camera raw won't update for Creative Suite CS5 for windows 7

The one thing you can do is to extract all the files from that ACR 6.7 installer ZIP you’ve previously downloaded, that has the AdobePatchInstaller.exe in it, to some temporary folder, then look in the 32-bit or 64-bit subfolders, whichever is appropriate for your OS and programs “bitness”, and look for an Assets-something.zip that contains a file called 1002 or 1003 or maybe 1004 that is several 10s of megabytes in size, and rename it to Camera Raw.8bi, and find the existing Camera Raw.8bi files on your system and copy this one over the top of them.  The one other thing to do is update the camera and lens profiles to the ones used by ACR 6.7 by downloading and installing the DNG Converter 6.7 from the appropriate section of http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates

If CS5 has both 64-bit and 32-bit programs then you’ll need to be careful and rename the correct 100n file to a 32-bit and then another to the 64-bit Camera Raw.8bi and copy each over the top of whichever existing Camera Raw.8bi file is appropriate.  I have only ever had PS so can’t tell you which Adobe Creative Suite CS5 programs are 32-bit or 64-bit.