4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 6:23 PM by jaybeaumont4

Indesign Spread Preview

jaybeaumont4 Level 1

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me. We have just upgraded to CC from Indesign CS3.

In indesign CS3 when saving previews it would automatically save the preview icon to include both the left and right page as one preview image (spread). The image below shows that you can see all pages of our publication at a quick glance.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-07-at-2.22.31-pm.jpg

Below is what saving Indesign files from CC look like in Bridge. A whole heap of left hand pages with no preview for the right hand page at a quick glance. Yes you can see the right hand page by opening a preview and using arrows to select forwards and backwards, but this is a big step backwards in how simple it was before.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-07-at-2.27.17-pm.jpg

Why do we work in individual spreads.
      • Multiple designers (6) need to work on the pages so we couldn't design it in one document.

• Some stories features are designed to bleed across two pages so we can't use single files.

• Any designer could easily see what we needed to finish just by looking at all the pages in bridge and seeing what needed finishing.

Does anyone know how to fix this??

Or, if anyone has a better workflow about how they create a 100+ page publication where multiple designers can access the pages at once, please feel free to let me know.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.