3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 9:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Exporting an AVCHD as Quicktime

NZJill

I would like to export my AVCHD file (from a Sony A7) as Quicktime .mov files using Apple Pro Res 422 HQ codec or Photo-Jpeg codec.

When I go to "Share"  to export,   and choose  Computer from the list, there's no Quicktime option available. I do have the most recent  Quicktime installed on my computer.

I'm am on Premiere Elements 13 (the trial version so I could see if the video would actually export to the correct format)  and am on Windows 7

I was under the impression that I would be able to export in Quicktime format.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Exporting an AVCHD as Quicktime
          A.T. Romano Level 7

NZJill

If you have Premiere Elements 13 tryout on Windows 7 64 bit and latest version of QuickTime installed on this some computer, you should be seeing

QuickTime opportunity under

Publish+Share

Computer

QuickTime

QuickTime13.JPG

If you go to the QuickTime Advanced Button/Video Tab Export Settings, you should be seeing

qtpresets-1.jpg

The GoPro - CineForm Codec in the list is one that I have added to my computer. The rest came with Premiere Elements 13 tryout.

There is no Apple Pro Res 422 HQ codec, but there is Photo-Jpeg codec.

If you are not seeing the above, then...

1. Make sure that you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges

2. Reinstall QuickTime latest version if necessary.

Did you do your Premiere Elements 13 and QuickTime installs with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...The above screenshot are from my Premiere Elements 13 tryout on my Windows 7 64 bit computer with latest version of

QuickTime installed on the same computer.

• 2. Re: Exporting an AVCHD as Quicktime
            NZJill Level 1

Thank you!!! I see it now, my problem was not scrolling down the list of options far enough, I only saw the first three -(red face here :-) ) 

Thanks once again for your detailed reply.

Jill

• 3. Re: Exporting an AVCHD as Quicktime
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jill

Great news. Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Great job sorting through the suggestions.

Please never hesitate to ask questions or to ask for clarification on anything written here.

Best wishes.

ATR