3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 1:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 10. Burn project to folder nothing in folder when finished.

nicholsonbob Level 1

Using Premiere Elements 10. Burned a project to a folder (3 Hours) end's ok saying complete but there is nothing in the folder or any where else that i can find. It worked ok the first time but i had to make changes to the project and it does't give me a rendered file though it says burn ok?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10. Burn project to folder nothing in folder when finished.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nicholsonbob

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on?

What have you set as the save location for the folder in the burn to folder process? How much free space is at that location?

If you start a new project, can you then do the burn to folder successfully? What is your eventual target, DVD-VIDEO on DVD or AVCHD on DVD, via the burn to folder opportunity.

In Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks/Encoded Files ...where is that directed and how much free hard drive space is there at that location?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10. Burn project to folder nothing in folder when finished.
            nicholsonbob Level 1

OS is Windows 7 (up to date)

I have tried different locations. with plenty of space. An SSD drive and a mechanical drive.

I have also tried burning direct to DVD where again it takes a long time but at the completed ok message there is nothing on the disc.

The scratch space is usually the folder i import the Video footage to, again plenty of space.

I have now burned this project to a folder. The only change i made was adding a JPG still photo at the end of the movie, this will not be seen as there is a stop marker before it.

It would seem that something with the way the project is seen by PE10 is the problem

This has happened before but when i have edited the movie by taking something out or adding some more video or stills then it burns ok.

I have not been able to pin down the precise cause.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10. Burn project to folder nothing in folder when finished.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nicholsnonbob

Thanks for the reply and the additional details.

Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Please open the project whose Timeline you are trying to burn to disc or burn to folder.

1. Go to the Timeline workspace and expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline.

Inspect the menu marker situation.

a. How many menu markers have you placed on that Timeline (main menu, scene, and stop)? Make sure that you do not

have a menu marker sitting essentially on top of another, especially when it relates to main menu/scene menu and the stop marker.

b. Do you have a stop marker at the end of the last item on that Timeline? If so, remove it. It is not needed and just creates an assortment of problems.

c. Go to the Disc Menu section and inspect the main menu and scene menu for button overlap issues...any red frames around

button locations?

If none of the above has any impact on the issue, then remove the menu markers and disc menu and do a burn to disc and/or folder. Is the burn to disc

and burn to folder then successful?

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? And, does it use 1 or 2 cards?

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR