1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 5:04 AM by bruce00j

Change field from read only and override calculation based on radio button

bruce00j Level 1

Hi,

I have a form in which one of the fields has a simple sum calculation and is set to read only so the user can't change it as it sets a print amount as well.

But if one of the radio buttons is ticked there is a chance that the print amount needs changing but it can be different based on a few other options so I have managed to set the field so the user can edit it depending on an option but the calculation that sets the value overrides what the user enters. I would like to know if it is possible to change this?

I use

this.getField("Quantity_Boxes").readonly = false;

So the user can edit the field when they select the radio button 'yes' under Mesh_b

and

this.getField("Quantity_Boxes").readonly = true;

So the field goes back to read only when the user selects the 'no' under Mesh_b

and in the Quantity_Boxes field I use:

Quantity_Curtains / csn

Just as a simplified division sum with the decimal places set to 0 so a whole number appears.

csn is just a hidden field that has an amount set depending on the size of curtain.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 1. Re: Change field from read only and override calculation based on radio button
          bruce00j Level 1

I have found a solution but caused another problem (well more of an irritation than a problem)

I have made it so the can field throws a dialogue box asking how many of the item fit into a box, the only problem is that the dialogue box will appear more then once.

For example I have made a new size know as bespoke and when I select that size and hit return the dialogue box pops up which is fine but when the amount of the product is changed it throws the dialogue box again. I guess this is because the calculation has to be run again but is there anyway of stopping this?

Here is the code I use in the can field which defines how many curtains are in the box and is used to calculate how many labels need printing out.

if(this.getField("SizeDrop").value=='LG'){
          event.value = "5"
          } else if (this.getField("SizeDrop").value=='ST'){
          event.value = "8"
          } else if (this.getField("SizeDrop").value=='ME'){
          event.value = "10"
          } else if (this.getField("SizeDrop").value=='SM'){
          event.value = "15"
          } else if (this.getField("SizeDrop").value=='BE'){
          var resp = +app.response("Enter the amount of curtains in a box","","1");
          event.value = resp
          } else {
          event.value = " "
          }

Thanks,

Bruce

EDIT:

I have found that the dialogue box will appear every time something is changed on the form (even while in the editor as well)