1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 7:47 AM by greule

Unable to sync from Lightroom 5.6 to LR mobile

Nos1959CM

Latest incarnation of LR mobile installed yesterday (06/10/2014). Now I am in the process of syncing files that I need on LR Mobile to take with me into hospital, & the sync seems to be stuck on sync in LR desktop with no files showing in LR mobile, or even LR Web.

I have trawled through some similar issues here, it appears as if this is a sync problem in general. I have dome all others have done with no change to the sync (being stuck at 27 files & no movement).

Any ideas? I do have a LR desktop sync log that I have just created & can send for Adobe tech support.

• 1. Re: Unable to sync from Lightroom 5.6 to LR mobile
          greule Adobe Employee

Could you try to remove the sync.lrdata file and restart LrD. This would restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

Removing the Sync.lrdata might fix whatever the issue is.  Or, at least, might trigger it to occur again. So remove the Sync.lrdata, start Lr, and then wait until it either syncs or gets stuck again and create at this point a Lr Desktop diagnostic log which can hopefully provide some clues.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Please send the a LR Desktop diagnostig log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link.

You can trigger the log via LR Desktop preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button

-

Guido