1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 10:45 PM by Franck Payen

Creative Cloud Mobile Apps for Android

sebasll

They've recently released the Creative Cloud app on Android, however I have doubts Adobe is committed to offering the same apps they do on iOS to Android (Lightroom Mobile, etc.)

Everyone keeps saying Lightroom Mobile for Android is coming. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no evidence of this anywhere and this rumor has been going on for well over a year now.

My dissatisfaction with Adobe is that they charge all customers the same while only providing a fraction of the apps it provides iOS users to Android. So they get Android users money and spend it on iOS development.

Honestly, Android's device fragmentation should not be an excuse. These programs are memory intensive and running them on lower specced devices and Android versions bellow KitKat 4.4 would result in a poor user experience. As such, one could expect Adobe's Mobile user base to have reasonable expectations. Around 25% of Android users are already running KitKat and that alone is significant.

I don't think it's right we get charged the same, yet we cannot take advantage of the same mobile apps...despite their execution being possible on both platforms.

What do you guys think?

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud Mobile Apps for Android
          Franck Payen MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I'm running 4.2.1 because my cellphone is locked there.

There is huge fragmentation on the Android side, which makes it a pain to develop and debug, and if you're doing it, you're obviously get some bad customer review because his cellphone won't make the app work.

I suppose you've vaguely followed that :

1. 1st gen: June 29, 2007
          2. 3G: July 11, 2008
          3. 3GS: June 19, 2009
          4. 4: June 24, 2010
          5. 4S: October 14, 2011
          6. 5: September 21, 2012
          7. 5C, 5S: September 20, 2013
          8. 6 / 6 Plus: September 19, 2014

and you see that iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia iOS is only 8 iterations, last one being supported up to 5 years ago…

So I consider myself happy to have access to Creative Cloud App (preview) on my Android 4.2, I would love to get all the other apps, and if they are working on it's a huge challenge with all the expectations…

But that's just my view on the problem.