the .staged-extension hidden folder should be where the "actual" CSXS/manifest.xml belongs.
For the folder(s) where the extension has to be deployed please see this page.
I can't know what's preventing your extension to load/install - I might suggest to read here for a packaging tutorial (it's a manual process, but it should work): http://www.davidebarranca.com/2014/05/html-panels-tips-10-packaging-zxp-installers/
Hope this helps!
Hey Davide and thanks for your reply!
I attempted going through your guide, but I'm still having the same issue.
I'll try to describe what happens, step by step:
- Done developing & debugging the extension with debug mode on.
- Packing the extension with ZXPSignCmd (just like you instructed)
- Upload the ZXP package to Exchange, then It asks me for : 'install location' - I can't define it to the location you provided but I can choose from a list.
Nothing really fits (Desktop, Downloads, Brushes etc'), so I went for Desktop just to see what happens.
- After the upload process is complete, I download the package and install it using Extension Manager CC.
- The ZXP package that I packed and uploaded to Exchange appears on my desktop.
It looks like Adobe Exchange packs my ZXP packager in another one, resulting Extension Manager to extract the outer one, and putting mine in the install location provided during upload.
I just realized that for some reason Adobe Exchange only let me upload files that will later be packed into a ZXP package, instead of just using the one I made.
Removing the whole product and starting over let me choose to upload my self packed one.
I'll update whether or not this actually works though~
Probably was a step in the right direction, but it still won't work.