3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 12:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Camcorder recognition by software

Restel4

I am trying to use premiere elements 13 with my Sony DCR-HC40E camcorder. This camcorder is not listed as being unsupported but it is not being recognised by the premiere elements 13 program. Is there anything that I can do or is the camera never going to be recognised and therefore make it impossible to use the Adobe software for capturing and editing my video?

• 1. Re: Camcorder recognition by software
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Restel4

From what I have read of your camcorder, it is a miniDV type.

Now in Premiere Elements 13, Adobe has discontinued DV data and HDV data capture firewire into any Premiere Elements Capture Window.

As I see it, you could explore capture firewire into another program and then bring the captured files into Premiere Elements 13 with its Add Media/Files and

Folders from their computer hard drive save location.

DV - Windows Movie Maker or WinDV WinDV

HDV - HDVSplit HDVSplit 0.77 beta

The DV and HDV data capture firewire into a Premiere Elements Capture Window exists in many versions earlier than 13.

We are not Adobe here. Rather user to user. Adobe has the final say on the feature set decision for a given version.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need clarfication further on this matter.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...If you are within 30 days of purchase, you can request money back.

• 2. Re: Camcorder recognition by software
            Restel4 Level 1

Many thanks for this information ATR. I will not continue with Premiere elements 13, so once again thank you for the info and advice re Adobe 30 day terms.

Restel4

• 3. Re: Camcorder recognition by software
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Restel4

Just in case....

If you purchased from Adobe direct, you should be able to make arrangements for a refund (within 30 days of purchase) with Adobe via Adobe Chat.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link set does not hold, you will need to navigate to Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

As of a few moments ago, the Chat Panel was active.

Best wishes on whatever are your video editing plans.

ATR