3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 1:05 PM by A.T. Romano

Ghost photo

columbus teacher

In adobe elements 12 I have inserted a photo. The photo appears in the timeline. When I view that part of the timeline, a different and unwanted photo is displayed. I deleted the visible photo, but the ghost photo moved into the next photo. No icon, symbol, etc. appears on the visible photo.

• 1. Re: Ghost photo
          A.T. Romano Level 7

columbus teacher

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Are you working in the Expert or the Quick workspace. If Quick workspace by any chance, please be in the Expert workspace for the following.

1. Open and inspect all the video tracks for content. Expand the Timeline with the zoom in zoom out slider above the Timeline to get a better view if necessary.

2. For each file that you find regular or ghosted, click on it in the Timeline to select it. Then go Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel and assure that the Opacity is set at 100%. There are other ways to do this, but right now I think this is preferred. (The orange line that runs through the Timeline photo should be all the way to the top of its representation on the Timeline.)

I suspect that you are in the Quick workspace and are not getting a good perspective of the project's content being use. We need to rule this thought in or out before

planning any further troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Ghost photo
            columbus teacher Level 1

When I zoomed out so I could see all the video tracks, I found the ghost

photo in another video track and deleted it. With your excellent

assistance, the problem is solved!

Thank you for assisting me! What do I need to do to give you proper credit

or reward points for your invaluable assistance?

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Ghost photo
              A.T. Romano Level 7

columbus teacher

Your follow up with the great news that you found the ghost photo is greatly appreciated.

From my perspective, that is all I need, knowing that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

The powers that be and some others typically encourage the originator of the thread to click on "Correct" in the post

believed to be the correct answer to the thread question. That is supposed to help people reading the threads to identified

answered threads. It is up to you if you want to do that.

Please remember, never hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

Best wishes

ATR