1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 11:13 AM by A.T. Romano

pixelated jpgs

catleyaS

I recently downloaded Premiere elements 13, to use for a DIY animation. I am uploading very large files, and they are coming up extremely pixelated. I have been trying to traverse these threads for answers, and they seem to be here, however I do not understand even basic video editing software jargon and am having an extremely hard time. I would like to know how I can easily resize my images in photoshop so that they import into adobe premiere without any loss of resolution or subsequent pixelation. If someone could explain this in a dumbed down step-by step way that would be amazing as I am very frustrated and do not know where to start

• 1. Re: pixelated jpgs
          A.T. Romano Level 7

catleyaS

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

What are the pixel dimensions of these photos, how many are going into this project? What are their formats, jpg or other?

What are you (manually) or the project (automatically) setting as the project preset to match the properties of these photos?

Let us know what you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General - Editing mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio.

You may think that you are going to get a better end product by inputting high resolution photos into Premiere Elements and

letting it do whatever resizing it can to fit your photos into the required resolution of the export, but all you will likely be getting are program crashes

and no better end product quality because you are using high resolution imports. A lot of the outcome depends on your computer resources and how

far you can go before hitting your computer environment limit.

The classical do not exceed values you will see in the forums are

For SD 1000 x 750 (4:3) and for HD 2000 x 1500 which I prefer to bypass and use 2200 x 1238 (16:9). Cropping before resizing may be required

for best results. I will explain another time.

Please review, consider, supply the above information about your photos, and then I will offer detailed suggestions for what next.

Your answers will make clearer to me why the pixelation when you bring your photos into a Premiere Elements 13 project.

Thanks.

ATR