6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 1:50 PM by lizparker

Batch change page size of InDesign documents

lizparker.net

I have about 300 one-page InDesign documents of varying page sizes. Each page is 4 inches wider and 4 inches taller that the content of the page. The content is in the middle of the page. (Effectively making a 2-inch margin around the content.) What I need to do is get the page of all documents to be one specific page size, 7.125” x 975”.

I was able to accomplish this by putting all the docs in a book, making a master page the correct size on one doc, synching the other docs, and then opening each doc and applying the master page. It was a little labor intensive and I would like to avoid it going forward.

Is there a way to do this without having to do that last step of opening each doc? Is there a way to globally apply a master page to all pages of all docs in a book?

Or maybe a script could be written that opens selected InDesign docs (not in a book) and changes the various page sizes to the one size needed. I’ve never written script before so have no idea if it is possible or how to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.