If the masters all use the same name (case sensitive) synching the masters should work by itself, as far as I know.
Synchronizing would do the job, if
- the masters have exactly the same name,
- if your text and image frames are aligned with border guide line and
- if layout adjustment ist activated in all documents.
It will not work, if
- you have used different master names,
- if the thext and image frame are put somehow on the page by ignoring the border guides or
- if layout adjustment is not activated.
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over how the original docs are saved. The content is in the middle of the page, not aligned with the border guides. Nor is "enable layout adjustment" activated in each doc. So, to get those accomplished will only add two more steps to my process—open each doc, align the content to the guides and turn on "enable layout adjustment."
Thank you. I will.
I did post the question to the scripting forum and got a great response. I'm set!