1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 9:18 PM by A.T. Romano

Crashing when trying to open a project / forgetting where media files are

Alex Peatfield

I spent all day manually locating hundreds of missing 'offline media' in a project, saving as I went. Premier Elements crashed when this was complete, now I try to open the project after rebooting and it either cannot find them again or crashes when trying to open the project. Anyone got any clues as to how I can fix this?

• 1. Re: Crashing when trying to open a project / forgetting where media files are
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alex peatfield

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

How long has this issue existed?

Are you moving, deleting, renaming files and folders that go into a project after the project has been saved closed?

If you have source media stored on an external hard drive, determine if the external hard drive is malfunctioning, including if its drive letter

changing.

Lots of drill questions...

a. Running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

c. What are your computer resources and is your computer optimized?

d. What are the properties of your source media that are involved in this issue?

e. Where are the Scratch Disks directed and how much free hard drive space is at those locations?

f. Do the problems exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Let us start here and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR