34 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 2:35 PM by livetolaugh

Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

livetolaugh

I need actual TECH SUPPORT, is that even possible???? HELP

• 1. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is the nature of your problem?  Chat migt be available for your problem... knowing what your problem involves will make it determinable and if available a link can be provided.

If you do not wish to share information then you will need to start on the page linked below and carefully follow thru the questioning to arrive at options for contact... chat or phone if they are available.  Look for the Still Need Help? option to appear at the bottom of the page - clicking it can open those contact options.

Contact Customer Care

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
            livetolaugh Level 1

I've had Lightroom for about a year. I had pix in catalogs, but found it would not let me open the full editing without picking a catalog. I could not just open Lightroom and work on anything. When I would try to create a new catalog, which it was prompting me to do, it would not let me open more than one picture at a time. So, I deleted catalog, per instructions on youtube, then uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom 5. Now, when I click on the icon to open, I only get the screen that asks me to choose a catalog to open...........I  have no catalogs, still can't get to the full screen mode of the lightroom program in order to import photos.

• 3. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
              livetolaugh Level 1

If I could do a screenshot, I could show you what I'm talking about.....

• 4. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                livetolaugh Level 1

All that link does is route you around in circles, asking you a bunch of questions about your problem, NONE of the "answers" gets me where I need to be.....I NEED TO SPEAK TO A HUMAN, is that even possible, or is there no such thing as customer service, or actual tech support? I

• 5. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might have some luck if you post your problem in the Lightroom forum rather than this (Download and Install issues) forum since your problem appears to lie in using the software, not getting it installed.

Photoshop Lightroom

That is a link to the overview section lof the Lightroom forum.  There are subsforums you can access, but to just post in the main one choose the Content tab at the top.  If you are able to locate anyone with a Staff designation, they might be able to provide in-house expertise for the product.

You can insert screenshots in your postings.  If you look at the editor controls there is a camera icon.  Use it to select and upload whatever image(s) you have to support your problem.

• 6. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                    areohbee Level 5

Here's how I do it:

google "Adobe customer service"

click on the first link.

once you answer a question or two (like "which product"), contact options are presented - I prefer "chat".

You can also just call the telephone number presented at top of search page (Adobe Customer Care).

Good luck.

Rob

• 7. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                      123yea

I agree. this site sucks and so does the customer service. I ahev been going around and around like a mouse. I hate adobe.

• 8. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                        pwillener Level 8

livetolaugh wrote:

If I could do a screenshot, I could show you what I'm talking about.....

Use the camera icon in the forum editor to insert images into your post.

• 9. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.

Livetolaugh for information on how to post a screen shot please see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?.

Ned has provided you a link to our support team in message #1 of this discussion.  If you are not seeing the option to contact our support team then I would recommend utilizing a different web browser.  The current security settings, add-ons, or plug-ins may be preventing the contact option from being made available to you.

• 10. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                            areohbee Level 5

Very easy for me, and I never go around and around.

Did you try following the instructions I posted in previous email?

Don't get me wrong, I am aware that of the loop-path phenomenon in phone trees and web pages, but once you learn the path which doesn't  loop, then you are home free.

Rob

• 11. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                              areohbee Level 5

Ned's initial link was to Lightroom forum, not customer support, unless I've missed something..

Customer service/support link is:

Contact Customer Care

(it's the top link when doing the google)

R

• 12. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                gegjr Level 1

I have been using Lightroom and other Adobe products for years. I started with them back when they purchased PageMaker (now InDesign) from Aldus. I have never, never, seen Adobe's support be so non-customer centric as it is now. I get totally frustrated trying to get answers and tech support.

Anyway, excuse the rant. Here is a way to get some action but you have to be Twitter. Friend their Twitter page @Adobecare. Give them what for while you're at it.

I'm sure this post will be deleted by Adobe.

• 13. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                  JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You probably aren't going to read this because there have been many other answers. But the catalog that you have gotten rid of is the HEART of the Lightroom workflow. You don't work with the catalog. It keeps track of what your images are located, track of all the adjustments that you make, it keeps track of the collections you make. And you export copies of your images using images that are in a catalog. Since you have deleted your catalogs you have nothing to work with. And contacting technical support isn't going to fix that. You really need to learn how to use Lightroom if that is your choice for postprocessing.

• 14. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                    areohbee Level 5

gegjr wrote:

excuse the rant

We all have emotions, and I have no problem when they are expressed.

I also have no problem getting immediate technical support from Adobe, and you STILL haven't stated what happens when you try to follow the instructions given. If you ONLY want to vent, then mission accomplished, but if you ALSO want to solve a problem - why not supply the requisite info?

gegjr wrote:

I'm sure this post will be deleted by Adobe.

Adobe (or their agents) only deletes posts that violate forum rules (e.g. P R O F A N I T Y  and S P A M).

You can express frustration with Adobe (even anger toward them) if you want to (there are even nasty-looking emoticons to assist) and there won't be any repercussion except maybe from other users who get stirred up - forum admin will lock thread if it gets too bad.

Why don't you start by stating the problem that you are having with the software? - if nobody here can help with root problem, they may at least be able to better advise.

Rob

• 15. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                      gegjr Level 1

Rob,

As others on the forum have indicated, I just keep going around in circles. I answer all the questions, and I'm either to taken to a generic community page where I can type in a question and do a search but the minute I do, and this important, even though I'm signed in already I am taken back to a login page. Eventually, I do get to post the question and choose a community where the question will go. At no point am I given an opportunity to chat with, call or request a call from Adobe. Recently, that is ever since Adobe changed it's structure which appears to have been sometime around when the Creative Cloud was initiated, I have never been able to reach Adobe directly. They certainly don't have a problem taking my $$ for subscriptions. I don't understand why Adobe does not at least have tech support email address. I understand Adobe has millions if not billions of subscribers but would it kill them to answer an email?

I don't mind explaining this to you because you seem to be reasonable individual but frankly, it annoys me that people on this community keep defending Adobe and intimating that it's my (our) fault we are having the problems we are having. I have been an Adobe customer ever since Adobe took over PageMaker (now InDesign) from Aldus many years ago when I went back to school to take Desktop Publishing and Data Processing at the University. I got PageMaker at a discount being a student and when I finished I later bought the non-student package from Adobe. Even though the screen shot I've included shows 2002, I had PageMaker several years before that ( I am now 63).

my_adobe_products.PNG

• 16. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                        ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The “Community Forums” option is the only support option available for some products or some types of problems with most products.

Creative Cloud products have the most chance of having Adobe support options in addition to the user forums.

Purchase and Installation problems have the most chance of having an Adobe support option in addition to the user forums.

Non-cloud products that you’re troubleshooting something with beyond the install and licensing go only to the forums, for example, Photoshop Elements.

If you can give some idea about what you’re wanting to email Adobe about, someone might be able to give you the path to see the Chat or Phone options or at least explain why you can’t.

The way I’ve found to get the search pages to work is to type in your search phrase, but don’t click Ask Now or hit Enter because you’ll either get logged out or be put into a completely new message.  Instead wait for the results to autopopulate then click the Discussions: Search All Results in whatever Discussions link at the bottom of those auto-results, and that’ll give you a proper search page.

And if I want to post a new discussion then I just choose Actions / Create Discussion from the menu at the top right of the tab bar.

• 17. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                          areohbee Level 5

To be clear: I'm not defending Adobe (believe me: I have my complaints too..).

That said, it's been very quick and easy for me to access their tech support, with no circling or diversion..

My guess is that you are doing something wrong, although without more specific feedback from you, it's impossible to tell for sure.

If you start here:

Contact Customer Care

you should be able to get to here:

_adobe_customer_service_chat.gif

after you choose a product, and what you need help with..

If you can not get there, then either you are doing something wrong, or there is some system problem - maybe try another browser..

Rob

• 18. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

The "circles" are with the Search in the Community Forums area.  Hitting Enter or Ask Now can direct one back to the login screen instead of showing the results, even if you're logged in, after momentarily showing some results.  It is intermittent.  It may be some bad cookie handling or other bad coding on the page.

• 19. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                              gegjr Level 1

That is what I've been doing. Maybe it's working for you but as you can see I'm not the only person having this issue.

• 20. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                gegjr Level 1

Exactly, intermittently flashes something on the screen and takes me right back to the ask question or to login again as if I haven't logged in already. I'm not saying it's what you are doing but I am not an idiot. I've been using the adobe website and the internet for decades, I go way back to the days when "user communities were called SIGs (special interest groups) and before there was a World Wide Web and browsers. We used Veronica and Archie at the University to communicate with colleagues all over the world.

• 21. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                  gegjr Level 1

I have repeatedly said I am trying to remove the long expired Free Adobe Creative Cloud subscription from my account. And yes before you ask I have used the "manage" link that is on the right but that is when I get the perpetual feedback loop of being sent to the community site to enter a question, see a brief flash of a responsive and taken back to login again. Also I have removed (uninstalled) Creative Cloud from my computers, too.

• 22. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                    gegjr Level 1

Been there done that several times.

• 23. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                      gegjr Level 1

Of course that's your initial response. That is that I've done something wrong. Listen for the last time, I have followed the protocol to the letter and still get the same results.

• 24. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

As far as never being able to get to the chat/phone/forums options, I wonder if you have cookies blocked or there's some other internet security app blocking things.  What browsers have you tried?  I am using IE11 on Windows 7 and Windows 8, so I'd suggest trying that an Chrome and Firefox to see if things act any different.  IE11 is a little glitchy with Adobe's sites and I'd expect the other browsers to work better.

Here is the link to the page where you should be able to click on the Forums/Chat/Phone options related to CC which is why I asked about what issue you're having:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrad e-your-membership_stillNeedHelp

If you are merely wanting Adobe to remove something from their online records of your activity on their website, maybe they can't.  Is your having the free CC trial shown on your account causing issues for you on your computer or with your usage of other Adobe products you have purchased?

If you are not wanting Adobe to remove things from your local computer then make sure they understand that; otherwise, you may get an Adobe tech that calls you wanting to remote into your computer and mess with stuff in an effort to remove Adobe things which may not be what you want unless you're also having issues removing the CC Desktop app from your computer.

• 25. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Gegjr what toolbars and or security software do you have installed and what version?  Also which web browser, and version, have you utilized?

• 26. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                            areohbee Level 5

gegjr wrote:

I've done something wrong.

My exact words were:

"either you are doing something wrong, or there is some system problem - maybe try another browser.."

To be clear: when this thread was initiated, and in your first posts chiming in, there was NO info given about what steps were being followed..

If it works for me, but not for you, it's a good guess (even if an incorrect guess) that you were doing something "wrong" (or differently anyway) if no other info was given, and it wasn't, until I pry'd.

Please don't get me wrong: I'm not on anybody's side here. Maybe Adobe needs to fix something so people who are having a problem, aren't anymore.

That said, since it works perfectly for a large number of users, it begs the question:

What is different in the contexts where it doesn't work versus the contexts where it does.

Have you tried a different browser, or a different machine?

What all have you tried to do differently?

If you can't login, it's usually a cookie problem; if you can't get to the page others are getting to, when following the same steps? - dunno, yet.

If you make a video it would be crystal clear where the problem lies - not a bad idea, eh?

Cheers,

Rob

• 27. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                              gegjr Level 1

Seeing as I am not the person that started this post apparently I'm not the only person having this issue. And if you take the time search the community you will see there are many others.

I have multiple browsers with same result.

• 28. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                                areohbee Level 5

I'm not refuting that multiple persons have the issue, but if you want to have it resolved, you can:

1. wait for Adobe to fix it for you.

2. figure out how to get around it.

If you don't want to bother with #2, I wouldn't blame you.

But Adobe steers their business more like a giant ocean liner than a kayak (it could take months or even years before Adobe addresses this issue, if ever they do..).

Note: if you can figure out how to get around it, Adobe might be better equipped to fix it for (you and/or) others - there is a good chance they have no clue what's wrong.

If you post a screen-video, it would at least identify exactly where the problem is occurring - that would be very useful for all parties who're still hanging in here.

Also, if you can capture http traffic using a tool like ethereal, that would really nail it (assuming some things..) - I realize that's not something many people can do, still..

As has been mentioned, security settings (or software) may be an issue - have you considered that possibility?

What is your internet interface? - have you tried another interface? another machine? Safe mode w/network? (which OS?).

PS - These suggestions are for trouble-shooting, not intended (necessarily) as long term solutions.

Rob

• 29. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

Please provide a screen recording video of what happens when you click on the Chat Now area of the link in my previous reply, or when you click on the link, itself, if you never see Chat Now:

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

What OS are you on, and what versions of what versions of what browsers have you tried?

• 30. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

I think there are two (at least) different issues being discussed in this thread.

The thread, itself, is about how to contact Adobe TS and several of us have included way to do that.

However, gegjr, is also saying that he cannot manage his free CC subscription to attempt to cancel it.  I actually saw possibly the same looping problem, once, after I clicked Manage on the My Products and Services page the very first time.

I started here in Chrome 40.0.x:

https://www.adobe.com/account/my-products-services.html

Then I clicked Manage off to the end of my Photoshop Photography Plan and was redirected back to the Sign In page, maybe as a precaution since I hadn’t signed in for a while.

I signed in, again, and got redirected to a page that showed an error message saying it couldn’t load my information.

The way I got around it, or maybe it was just coincidence, is that I opened a new tab, closed any Adobe tabs I had open in Chrome and cleared my Cached images and pages and Hosted app data—two of the checkboxes in Chrome’s History / Clear Browsing Data… panel.

After things were cleared, I went to the Products and Services page, again, and this time Manage got to the Plans and Products page that has a Manage Plan link:

https://accounts.adobe.com/plans

And if I click Manage Plan then I get a Switch Plan and a Cancel Plan option.   I am not going to click Cancel Plan so I cannot tell you whether it works or not.

The reason I tried to use Chrome is that when I attempted the process on IE11 just now, I got an error that said I needed to enable JavaScript, which is obviously enabled.   I think Adobe may have rolled out changes and cached pages are interfering with new pages, unless the browser cache is cleared, but as I said it may just have been coincidence.

• 31. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                                      gegjr Level 1

Mr. Sspengel,

Yes, that is pretty much what is happening. With one difference. When I select "manage plan" I am not presented with an option or link to cancel the plan only with a link to "learn more".  When I select the "learn more" link I'm taken to a page explaining all the options available for purchase. I have cleared caches several times in all my browsers. I've even tried using the Silk browser on mine and my wife's Kindles.

It appears to be a bug in the flash script. However, I still can't understand why I can't get Adobe to respond.

Thanks Mr. Sspengel for bringing in another perspective.

• 32. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!

The Learn More is the clue:  you don’t have a pay-for plan that is active so there is no Cancel option because there are no payments to cancel.  That makes sense.  I’d guess what you’re seeing is normal and just ignore the free CC that is listed on your account.

• 33. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                                          gegjr Level 1

I've pretty much decided that is what I'll have to do.

• 34. Re: Can ANYBODY tell me how to contact Tech Support, PLEASE!
                                                                            livetolaugh Level 1

Thank you, I will google the support number, I appreciate everyone's imput, even the one who said I need to learn how to use Lightroom......Thanks, that is already apparent.