4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 5:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Published .mp4 from Premiere Elements 12 won't load into ipad/iphone

fugachee

I have published several .mp4 videos using PE 12. Settings below. Unfortunately, none of them will load into my iphone or ipad. I get the error message "{Video Title} was not copied to the iPhone 'ET Phone Home' because it cannot be played on this Iphone." It is not a space issue and i have successfully loaded several .mp4s i created on handbrake. I'm sure i could publish a video on PE12 and then re-encode in handbrake, but i want a solution from using PE12 alone.

Settings:

Multiplexing: MP4

Stream Compatibility: Standard (have tried iPod as well)

Codec: MainConcept H.264 Video

TV Standard: NTSC

Frame Width: 1920

Frame Height: 1080

Frame Rate: 29.97

Pixel Aspect Ration: Widescreen 16:9

Profile: Main

Level: 4.2

Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 2 pass

Target Bitrate: 5.8

Max Bitrate: 6

Audio Format: AAC

That should be enough settings to get the gist. Please help. I have searched many forums and cannot get a solution.

• 1. Re: Published .mp4 from Premiere Elements 12 won't load into ipad/iphone
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Use a program from this site to read a file from P-Elements that doesn't work, and a file from Handbrake that does work... so you may see what is different (and post screen shots so others may see)

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Published .mp4 from Premiere Elements 12 won't load into ipad/iphone
            A.T. Romano Level 7

fugachee

I do not have an iPhone or iPad, just iPod Touch 4th Generation and have no problems getting my Premiere Elements home movies into this iPod.

The only way I can do this is to sync the iPod and iTune's import of my home movies.

On the Premiere Elements 12 side of things....I can use for some examples,  H.264.mp4 in Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPhone, iPod... preset OR Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD. Both are going to give me a file with a .mp4 file extension.

If you are generating your movies from the Publish+Share area that I cite, they are H.264.mp4 (Mobile Phones and Players) and AVCHD.mp4 (/Computer/AVCHD).

For me the key in under the Advanced Button/Multiplexing Tab with settings of Multiplexing = MP4 and Stream Compatibility = iPod.

My max iPod resolution = 1280 x 720.

I use profile = Baseline and level = 4.0.

The pixel aspect ratio = Square Pixels.

You can adjust the bitrate as applicable.

How are you transferring you movies to your iPhone and iPad?

What model iPhone do you have? Have you tried the Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTime route to a H.264.mov file? That works for me and it does not

have a multiplexing tab under the Advanced Button/.

Please review and consider and determine if any of my iPod work is applicable to your situation with iPhone and iPad.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Published .mp4 from Premiere Elements 12 won't load into ipad/iphone
              fugachee Level 1

I transfer to my iPhone and iPad through itunes. I have an Iphone 5.

I have not attempted the .mov file type.

John T. Smith, i did notice my Baseline and Level settings were different than handbrake. My computer had issues with that software to detect differences in file type so i gave up on it.

• 4. Re: Published .mp4 from Premiere Elements 12 won't load into ipad/iphone
                A.T. Romano Level 7

fungachee

From what you wrote, you are not having any problems getting your iPhone 5 video imported into the Premiere Elements 12 project. And, once imported, audio video is in sync. Is that correct? If that is the case, HandBrake is not indicated at this point for a conversion from variable to constant frame rate. And we can bypass that classical cell phone Premiere Elements issue for now.

Your iPhone 5 video would be expected to be 1080p30. So, either you manually or the project automatically should be assuring that the Premiere Elements 12 project preset is set at

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

Because of the supported resolution (1280 x 720) of my iPod, I cannot do the following to get 1920 x 1080p30 video into my iPod. But, this should work for your iPhone, assumed through the iTune sync.

Please look at the Mobile Phones and Players route (for the H.264.mp4) as well as the QuickTime route (H.264.mov) that I described in my prior post in this thread. In this case, there is nothing to detect in the way of file types that we do not already know. Let me know what you are using for Multiplexing for the Mobile Phones and Players and Computer/AVCHD.

We will be watching for your results when you get the time.

Best wishes

ATR