1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 3:23 AM by elie-d

HELP, I can't open Lightroom 5, all I get is a screen that asks me to select a catalog, but it wont even let me create a catalog without picking ONE picture at a time.......I'm lost

livetolaugh

I'm ready to scream, I NEED to actually SPEAK TO A HUMAN, not type over and over what is wrong, and none of the support pages get me to a helpful point.

• 1. Re: HELP, I can't open Lightroom 5, all I get is a screen that asks me to select a catalog, but it wont even let me create a catalog without picking ONE picture at a time.......I'm lost
          elie-d Level 4

Sorry, this is a Lightroom user-to-user forum and LR users are devoid of all human characteristics. Nevertheless, maybe we can help. If LR is presenting you with a list of catalogs and asking you to pick one, you must have created several in the past. (Yoi would be better off with just one, but we'll leave that aside for the moment.) Pick one and open it. Now, either use the Import button at the bottom left corner or use the File menu entry "Import Photos and Videos". When the Import page opens select in the left side panel the location of the photos to be imported - a folder in your computer or a card reader or an attached camera. In the central area check all the photos to be imported and at the top tell LR if you want them left where they are now ("Add") or copied to another location. If the latter, in the right side panel select the destination and name of the sub-folder. Click Import and you're finished