0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 6:02 PM by ImageReflex

Creative Cloud 1.8.0.447 update seems to kill Photoshop CC 2014

ImageReflex

I been using Photoshop CC 2014 on a Macbook Pro 17" since it was released without incident (system was running 10.9.4, now 10.9.5; it has 16 gigs ram and a 500 mb SSD).  In the last few days, I updated Creative Cloud to 1.8.0.447, and that seems to have killed Photoshop CC 2014 (the most recent version--I keep it up to date).

When starting Photoshop CC 2014, I receive an error that the program failed to initialize due to a program error.  This happens the majority of the time (85%+).  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop CC 2014, but that made no difference.  The only way around this seems to be pressing Command+Option+Shift while starting Photoshop, at which point I lose my settings (and it's not practical for me to keep reapplying my settings).  This was occurring under OS X 10.9.4, and I figured I had nothing to lose by upgrading to 10.9.5 (which I did last night).  However, I continue receiving the error and having to wipe out settings in order to start Photoshop.

I've checked the PSErrorLog.txt file for when the error occurs, and it reads:

2014:10:08 20:53:13 : /Volumes/workarea/PS_15_Mac_Daily_Retail/20140926.r.236/photoshop/main/photoshop/sources/ PSOWLListenerProxyBase.cpp : 54 : REQUIRE failed

I've further narrowed down the problem to the switching graphics cards.  When the system is forced into the AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphic card, Photoshop starts.  When it has to switch between the Intel HD Graphics 3000 adapter the AMD Radeon, Photoshop seems to choke on itself.

For whatever reason, Photoshop CC seems not to have been impacted by the Creative Cloud update, and it continues to work.  I'm seriously considering downgrading back to Photoshop CC until such time as Photoshop CC 2014 is stable again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting the failure to initialize error so that I don't have to reapply my settings repeatedly?