6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2007 3:34 PM by K9

html or site?

K9 Level 1
      when I am starting a brand new site what do I pick .... html or site? I am confused about this. thanks.
        • 1. Re: html or site?
          Level 7
          You have to create a new site before you can create pages in that site.
          Think of the site as the book and the pages as .. the pages. :)

You might want to read through the Help .. all this is clearly outlined.

--
          Nancy Gill
          Adobe Community Expert
          Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
          Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
          Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
          DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
          Mastering Macromedia Contribute
          Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

"K9" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f695f1$6kt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > when I am starting a brand new site what do I pick .... html or site? I
          > am confused about this. thanks.

• 2. Re: html or site?
            K9 Level 1
            Ok - I am 1 day into this and just jumping in. Sorry. so you do the site first and then every page you add to it you do the html - Ok - thank you.
            • 3. Re: html or site?
              Level 7
              There are some great tutorials in the Help .. I would definitely start
              there.

Nancy

news:f696k6$7t2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Ok - I am 1 day into this and just jumping in. Sorry. so you do the site
              > first and then every page you add to it you do the html - Ok - thank you.

• 4. Re: html or site?
                K9 Level 1
                Thanks Nancy,
                I will have to have a look. Can you please point me more clearly to where the tutorials are? Time is a tough thing for me, and having to rebuild a new site from scratch - about 10 pages of detailed stuff - coming from another app I tried and was not happy with maybe you can see it is a bit tough. I was trying to get on with it with what I knew about the MX I used to use.

Thank you so much. Paying a lot of money and then not getting this to work as easy as when Macromedia had the app was a bit disconcerting.

Best wishes,

K9
                • 5. Re: html or site?
                  Level 7
                  Help/Dreamweaver Help. The menu on the left links you to everything.

There is also some good stuff on the Adobe DevNet site.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/

--
                  Nancy Gill
                  Adobe Community Expert
                  Author: Dreamweaver 8 e-book for the DMX Zone
                  Co-Author: Dreamweaver MX: Instant Troubleshooter (August, 2003)
                  Technical Editor: Dreamweaver CS3: The Missing Manual,
                  DMX 2004: The Complete Reference, DMX 2004: A Beginner's Guide
                  Mastering Macromedia Contribute
                  Technical Reviewer: Dynamic Dreamweaver MX/DMX: Advanced PHP Web Development

news:f698sd$a8b$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  > Thanks Nancy,
                  > I will have to have a look. Can you please point me more clearly to where
                  > the
                  > tutorials are? Time is a tough thing for me, and having to rebuild a new
                  > site
                  > from scratch - about 10 pages of detailed stuff - coming from another
                  > app I
                  > tried and was not happy with maybe you can see it is a bit tough. I was
                  > trying
                  > to get on with it with what I knew about the MX I used to use.
                  >
                  > Thank you so much. Paying a lot of money and then not getting this to
                  > work as
                  > easy as when Macromedia had the app was a bit disconcerting.
                  >
                  > Best wishes,
                  >
                  > K9
                  >

• 6. Re: html or site?
                    K9 Level 1
                    Thanks!