2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2014 10:18 AM by Auto-fill Options

Text Field Auto-Fill Options

Auto-fill Options

I'm editing a PDF form in Adobe Livecycle.  I'm using actions to auto-fill a text field based on the value of drop down list text field.  The actions are being overwritten by another auto-fill function.  I have not been able to determine the source of the auto-fill so I can either edit it or turn it off.  What other options besides actions are there for auto-filling text fields?

• 1. Re: Text Field Auto-Fill Options
          Magus069 Level 4

Hi there, the only auto-fill options that comes in mind that could override your function is the Calculate event of that field or binding data from another field or database..

Too know if its the calculate event you can look in the object Pallette of the field under Value tab, where it says "Type:" if it is calculate this is the 'auto-fill' options that is overriding your function.

Too know if it is binded to another field or database you can look in the object Pallette under Binding tab, where it says "Data Binding (Open, Save, Submit):" it should be written: ''Use name (txtName)" where txtName is the name of the field.

Hope this help!

• 2. Re: Text Field Auto-Fill Options
            Auto-fill Options Level 1

Thank you.  I checked those suggestions but ultimately found the auto-fill had been hard coded into the XML.