4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 8:18 AM by Todd_Kopriva Branched from an earlier discussion.

QuickTime problems

bl0gmonkey

So I have something similar going on with my After Effects, except I'm using a 2011 Macbook Pro with 16gb RAM, 500 SSD drive, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB graphics card. I have After Effects CC and am trying to render something that contains Trapcode Form, Particular, Element 3D, Optical Flares, and Twitch in Quicktime under the H.264 compression. But I think it's a Quicktime issue. Because no matter what compression or codec I use, the result is the same. It sends a crash log and then creates a new save file with an underscore beneath it. I can't get it to render at all! I've even tried the Media Encoder with Adobe and it comes out all gnarly and yellow under the H.264 preset. What can I do to fix this?

• 1. Re: QuickTime problems
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bl0gmonkey wrote:

So I have something similar going on with my After Effects, except I'm using a 2011 Macbook Pro with 16gb RAM, 500 SSD drive, and an AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB graphics card. I have After Effects CC and am trying to render something that contains Trapcode Form, Particular, Element 3D, Optical Flares, and Twitch in Quicktime under the H.264 compression. But I think it's a Quicktime issue. Because no matter what compression or codec I use, the result is the same. It sends a crash log and then creates a new save file with an underscore beneath it. I can't get it to render at all! I've even tried the Media Encoder with Adobe and it comes out all gnarly and yellow under the H.264 preset. What can I do to fix this?

Have you tried rendering to a QuickTime with the PNG codec instead of rendering into an h.264 codec?

• 2. Re: QuickTime problems
            bl0gmonkey Level 1

Yes, and now the problem in CC is importing clips too. I don't have that problem in CS6, though. For the mean time, until this problem is resolved, I'm going back to CS6. I get the error 'Moov is unsupported" and I have no idea what the problem is.

• 3. Re: QuickTime problems
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What, exact, version of CC is giving you this error?

• 4. Re: QuickTime problems
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you're having problems with both importing and exporting QuickTIme files, then the problem is that something is preventing the QuickTime component from starting or communicating with After Effects.

Go through the troubleshooting steps here:

troubleshooting QuickTime errors with After Effects

Be especially sure to pay attention to the part about setting your permissions to read/write for the entire preferences folder.