• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded from Adobe Tech Comm Suite 3.5 to 5 without uninstalling first. How do I uninstall v3.5?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded from Adobe Tech Comm Suite 3.5 to 5 on Win 7 64-bit computer. V3.5 was not listed in Control Panel so I did not uninstall it first. Now I have duplicates of everything. How do I uninstall v3.5?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you wouldn't have duplicates of everything, but you will have other versions of some of the components. The main issue is probably the Acrobat Pro install - multiple versions don't play nice with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what to do on my own. I used the Tech Comm Suite 3.5 installer to install a component I was not using. Then the uninstaller popped up in Control Panel/Programs and Features and I used that to uninstall the v3.5 components (except Photoshop). Not sure if I should uninstall Tech Comm Suite v5 and reinstall it though. Seems to be working okay for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, all TCS components, except Acrobat, play nice with each other, so there’s no harm in leaving them there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines