6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2014 4:15 AM by Vinod Menon@Adobe

mix new and old version in the same project...

smenegassi Level 1

Hi,

I downloaded the new version. i make a minor change in one html file on the project I  am working on and publish it with the new version. The mix didn’t work. I had no time to loose. I downgraded back, recovered the older html file. And everything is OK.

I see there is lots of problem with the new version. My question is : Is it safe to upgrade ?

Or shall I keep the project I am working on with the old version till better times arrives ?

• 1. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
          Manigandan Adobe Employee

Hi smenegassi

Can you pl let us know what were the changes made. It'll help us to look into the issue If you could share with us your animate files.

Regarding upgrade, You can definitely work with new animate as there is no risk of losing your old content. Whenever upgrade happens, the old copy is kept intact and an upgraded composition is created with new runtime, which offers lot of advantages.

• 2. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
            smenegassi Level 1

thanks. I am glad it is safe !

I ve just open a myfile.html made with edge 2014 with the new update. Made a minor change then published it with the new version and uploaded it. The page became a white page.

I had some jquery animation on it. Maybe that is the reason it didn't work ? It seems I do have to load jquery manually.

What I will do is upgrade all my project and see what it happens.

• 3. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
              Vinod Menon@Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi smenegassi

In EA MAX release the runtime does not have dependency on jquery any more. Runtime out of the box supports a set of jquery apis. You can check on this link to get details on what apis are available.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/edgeanimate/api/current/index.html

If you are only using these set of apis supported out of the box they do not need to use jquery. If you are using something outside given set of apis supported by runtime then you have to add dependency on jquery. Are you facing any issues in adding the jquery as a dependency. Can you share a sample which repro's the issue you are facing?

Regards

Vinod

• 4. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
                Phildsb Level 1

I guess I'll always need to add the external jQuery dependency from now on then, as there are some major omissions from that subset that I use all the time, and I quite like having other options as well - unless they get added of course. Maybe we should start a separate thread for a wish list of jQuery APIs to include?

For what its worth, I'd like to include:

ajax

on / off

offset (get AND set)

position

prepend

scrollTop

scrollLeft

toggleClass (not essential but it saves a couple of lines)

Or maybe we could even be given the option to dynamically add to the list for each project? (Like I said, it's a wish list!)

• 5. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
                  vimster303909 Level 1

hi,

I would like to say that I and others have had major problems since this upgrade.

Seemingly random JS errors are happening, rendering project files useless because AE will not open them anymore.

Never had these issues before.

The new version has major bugs.

Actually, sorry to say this, but I've never used a more bug-ridden software than AE.

regards, j

• 6. Re: mix new and old version in the same project...
                    Vinod Menon@Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi vimster303909

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with upgrades.

Can you give details on what are the JS errors that you are getting? It will be great if you can share the project files. If we can repro it on our side we will be able to give you necessary guidance.

Regards
                    Vinod