3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 2:49 PM by JimHess

ACR 7 and CS5

aliciajunod

I tend to stick with something once I find it works for me - so I rarely pay attention to upgrades and such with my CS5.

On that note - I want to purchase some ACR presets, but the requirement is you have to have ACR 7. Is there away to purchase just ACR 7? And if I do purchase ACR 7 will it be compatible with my Photoshop CS5???

Thanks for the help y'all!

• 1. Re: ACR 7 and CS5
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Camera Raw is not available for purchase on its own. It is a plug-in that is included at no cost with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. You have Photoshop CS5 which is compatible with versions of Camera Raw up to and including version 6.7. Those versions are free. There is no way for you to utilize Camera Raw 7.0 with Photoshop CS5.

• 2. Re: ACR 7 and CS5
            aliciajunod Level 1

Thanks Jim! I've been toying around the idea of trying out Lightroom anyway - so I may just do that instead. The Creative Cloud sounds pretty awesome!

• 3. Re: ACR 7 and CS5
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think that would be a good choice. A lot has changed since CS5. And you would be able to utilize the presets with Camera Raw that would be running with Photoshop CC.