I'm experimenting with the time lapse technique for school Photography class, using Ae CC on Windows 8.1 to string the 120 JPEGS together to create a 4 second experiment of light trails of cars.
However in these 120 frames, there are two that come up in Ae and the render ashttp://http//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/SMPTE_Color_Bars.svgSMPTE bars. I have no idea how to overcome this other than painstakingly finding the right frame number and manually importing the jpeg.
The pics were originally CR2's, I converted them to jpegs after I had the same issues with the Raw files.
The only thing I could think of is that when taking the pictures, I took the specific ones that are failing in Ae too fast after my previous one and my camera couldn't process them properly (as its old and slow)- however Windows Explorer and Lightroom 5 see them perfectly fine...
Heres the video on you tube, rendered really low quality for size
Check color profiles and things like metadata in the files. This can throw off not just AE. If all else fails, of course simply use another image format. Also check settings for MP rendering and whatnot. Simple resource shortage when you overburden your machine during rendering or incompatible effects and CoDecs that are not safe for MP can cause similar behavior.
So I found the missing frame in Ae _MG_7732.CR2 and when I went to find it in Exporer, it wasnt there, so I dont know where it went, and how AE thinks its threre, I think the two frames were pictures I took in camera, deleted hence missing out in the sequence, as the pictures go from _MG_7731.CR2 to _MG_7733.CR2, meaning that AE is just confused about where the pictures have gone (as all the pics are in alphabetical order)
Ill try renaming all the pics in Lightroom so all the pics are in sync