3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 6:22 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I make a video on one track expand in size over a video on a second track? Elements 11

Sminty Level 1

How do I make one a video on one track expand in size over a video on a second track?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: How do I make a video on one track expand in size over a video on a second track? Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sminty

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

I think that I am going to need clarification of what you would like to do.

If you have video on Video Track 1 and video on Video Track 2 directly above it, all you will see is the video on Video Track 2 unless

a. there is transparency in the video on Video Track 2 for the video on Video Track 1 to show through

b. you have scaled down the video on Video Track 2 so that you can see parts of the video on Video Track 1

....you can scale down the Video Track 2 video by clicking on the screen and the dragging on the handles of the bounding box that

will then be present on the screen

or

...you can click on the Timeline Video Track 2 video to select it and then go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded

and its Scale property there and adjust the Scale slider accordingly.

In all the Timeline maneuvers, it is important to select the video on the track wanted before applying an effect or using Scale.

Is the essence of your question "How to zoom in on an image?"

Please review and consider and clarify what you want to do. Then we can customize a reply for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I make a video on one track expand in size over a video on a second track? Elements 11
            Sminty Level 1

Running it on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Basically I have scaled down the track 2 video in size, so it appears small overlaid on the track 1 video. Over a period of a couple seconds, I want the small track 2 video to enlarge until the track 1 video is completely blocked out by it.

I have tried 'Zooming' in on the centre-point of the track 2 video when it first appears, but the track 2 video stays the same size.

Do you understand what i mean?

Many thanks.

• 3. Re: How do I make a video on one track expand in size over a video on a second track? Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sminty

Thanks for the follow up with additional very helpful information.

What you need to do is to keyframe the Motion Scale property so that it changes over the duration of the whole photo

rather than  Scale being applied to the whole photo uniformly.

Two ways you could do the keyframing of Scale..

a. from the Timeline

or

b. from Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Scale Property there, using Toggle Animation to initiate the process.

For now, I will describe "b"

Your scaled down image on Video Track 2

Your regular image on Video Track 1

Your Timeline Indicator at the beginning of the Timeline.

Select/Highlight the image on Video Track 2, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel Expanded and its Scale Property

That area should look like

Motion-Panel-Expanded.jpg

You get an abbreviated version of the above screenshot if you do not hit the Show/Hide Keyframe Controls icon. With it opened, you will see the actual keyframes being placed.

With your Timeline Indicator at the beginning of the Timeline and Video Track 2 Image selected, click on the Toggle Animation Icon. That will set the Scale property keyframes

which at that time will be at a value less than 100% because you are starting with a scaled down Video Track 2 Image.

Then move the Timeline Indicator to the last frame of the clip. Then move the Scale slider to 100% or whatever % gives you Video Track 2 Image just to full frame so

that you do not see the Video Track 1 image. Render the Timeline by pressing of the Enter key of the computer main keyboard or pressing the Render button above

the Timeline.

All sorts of things can be done by keyframing a property. The property could be other than Scale (some examples might be Position, Opacity, certain effects applied

to Timeline content, etc.)

Please review and consider and then let us know if that worked for you. Do not hesitate to ask for clarification if needed.

Thank you.

ATR