1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2014 8:06 PM by A.T. Romano

How to import media from different cameras - Premiere Elements 11

ultrasp98

Hi,

Please be patient as I am new to this ;-)      I am starting a new video and I was wondering the best way to import different media.

I have Videos that were taken with my Canon camcorder, Still images from my GoPro camera and Still images that were taken from my Canon T1I DSLR camera. When I bring these different media types into the timeline the Camcorder videos fill up the screen nicely, the digital pictures from my Canon T1I have about a 1/2" black bar on both sides and the GoPro still images have about a 1" black bar on both sides.

I know that I can change the project settings to match a type of media but I am not sure how to get the three types of media to work.

I am sure I am missing something as I am very new to Premiere 11

Very much looking forward to any help you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

• 1. Re: How to import media from different cameras - Premiere Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Premiere Elements allows for only one project preset which is supposed to match the properties of your source file type.

When you have more than one resolution/set of properties represented on the Timeline, you have to set priorities and then fit everything else

into that.

If it is a matter of video vs photos, I set the project preset to match the video properties and then let the project automatically

resize the photos to the resolution of the video or resize or crop/resize photos as indicated before importing the photos into the project.

When you have two or more video types, then best select the prime and fit others into the project settings by scaling in the

Edit area monitor.

If you give the specifics, I will suggest some settings for you to look at in your project with the mixed Timeline.

The project preset determines the space in the Edit area monitor area in which to edit.

We will be watching for your follow up. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR